From IoT Solutions
Romteck’s ASE is the interface module that provides a link between Fire Indicator Panels in a building, and central fire monitoring services. Fully redundant communications paths are used between each ASE and the central fire monitoring service to ensure the reliability meets the mission critical nature of the service our customers demand.
The ASE provides the following functionality:
- Continuously monitors the integrity of communications mediums and will raise an alarm should any fail
- Is normally mounted within the Fire Indicator Panel and continually monitors the integrity of the connections between the Panel and itself, and will raise an alarm if this is violated
- Accepts up to 8 zones / 24 alarm inputs from the Fire Indicator Panel as well as monitoring the battery of the Panel
- Displays its current status; a buzzer output can be used to alert locally in the event of an alarm. Outputs can also allow local operation such as sirens or to reset fire panels remotely
- Is normally powered from its associated Fire Indicator Panel and uses the panel’s battery back-up in the event of a power failure.