RS - Model TR Series - Dry Disconnect Couplings
The TR series couplings are particularly used in processes with hazardous media. Here it is of no importance whether these are liquids, gases or light pasty or highly viscous media – the TR dry disconnect coupling withstands.
To meet the high RS safety standards, the TR couplings, too, are protected by various safety mechanisms thus preventing damage to humans and the environment due to the escape of hazardous media.
The basic principle:
To couple, the female section is placed on the male section and then turned clockwise. The male section is pulled into the female section by means of helical grooves arranged on its outside. After a 10 degree rotation, both halves are permanently connected. Only then a ring-shaped flow channel is opened (“Safety in design”) where the valve positions under spring load axially move relative to the valve seats so that the valve pair is positioned in the extended line diameter of the male section after a twist of overall 120°. The female section is designed in a flow-optimised way due to its exterior components (e.g. springs). During decoupling, the process runs in the reverse sequence. This way, an unintentional media escape can be safely avoided.
- Secure coupling connection by means of control cams and spools
- The female and male sections are impermeably connected to one another by means of a 120° rotation
- Sealing mechanism based on spring-loaded, axially closing valves
- Product leakage is prevented by 'Safety in Design'. Coupling halves are sealed before the valves open, or the valves are closed before the coupling halves are separated.
- Female section features optimised flow characteristics. All components (e.g. springs) are outside the flow cross-section.
- Suitable for all loading and transfer processes in the area of fluid handling, e.g.
- Loading tank wagons
- Loading tank trucks
- Loading containers
- Loading ships
- Loading aircraft
- Filling barrels
- IBC containers
- Coupling stations
- Particularly in processes involving hazardous media
- Can be used with all fluids (liquids and gases). Including rapid-hardening, light pasty and highly viscous media
- Can be used with all types of hoses