SafeFAST - Model XXL - Special Customized Class II Microbiological Safety Cabinets
From Special Cabinets
SafeFAST XXL are special customized class II microbiological safety cabinets conceived to house automatic laboratory robots. The design is similar to a microbiological safety cabinet suitable for the safe handling and containment of micro-organism and pathogens - as it conforms for the main requirements to the EN 12469:2000 European Standard, with 70% of the air re-circulated via the main Class H14 HEPA/ULPA filter within the cabinet, whilst the remaining 30% is discharged through an exhaust Class H14 HEPA/ULPA filter.
SafeFAST XXL are primary conceived to house big size specialized automatic instruments, robotic testing rigs and production systems. Being microbiological safety cabinet in compliance with the EN 12469-2000, they are suitable for product, personnel and environmental protection while handling harmful agents pathogenic to human beings and/or animals as defined in the appropriate international standards and they are adopted in a wide range of disciplines in applications such as: Microbiology, Virology, Haematology, Cell culture, Genetics, Handling of hazardous agents to human beings or animals.
The ambient air is drawn in from the slots at the stainless-steel base of the front opening and it then passes under the work surface, from where it is drawn up and blown into the plenum of the re-circulating and exhaust fan(s).
The “bio-dynamic sealing system” of the negative pressure plenum ensures that all contaminated particles are kept inside the system and are automatically drawn to the plenum or pressure chamber to be captured by the main re-circulating and exhaust H 14 HEPA/ULPA filters. The fan system assures that no part of the cabinet comes ever under positive contaminated pressure to the laboratory, thus protecting and preserving the environment and operating personnel from exposure to agents of bio-contamination.
70% of the filtered air is re-circulated (after passing through a H14 HEPA/ULPA filter) in an air cleanliness in Class ISO 3, according to ISO 14644-1 laminar flow pattern downwards into the work chamber and the remaining 30% is exhausted to atmosphere through another H14 HEPA/ULPA filter.
XXL interior dimensions: high volume of internal working area for hosting big size instruments, 1000 mm height-depth and width up to 2500 mm
Stratified safety front glass with aluminum frame and gas springs that can be opened up for easy access of robots and for cleaning and routine maintenance.
Wide and various customizations to meet application requirements and fit with automatic robot machines in the correct and safe way. Bespoke dimensions available on request.
Reinforced segmented work surface for loading support up to 500 kg, made in AISI 304L stainless steel with SB pharmaceutical finishing.
Optional dismantled supply in 4 main sections for easy on-site re-assembling in order to facilitate their moving and positioning within the room to be hindered in case their introduction and access in one piece may be restricted by room size or other conditions.
ECS® Eco Controling System: The new ECS® microprocessor employs the latest innovative methods of integrated management of all principal functions of ventilation and filtration - self-regulating all the main filtration and ventilation system components - compensating for declining pressure drops and restoring power balance. Combining the use of AC motor-blowers and certified low pressure-drop filters, the new ECS® controlling system optimize power consumption, reducing CO2 emissions into the environment.
Anti Bacterial Coating: Exclusive Dupont™ ALESTA® anti-bacterial “Ag+ cations-based solution”, capable to prevent microbial contamination of surfaces thereby inhibiting long term surface growth.
Silent Operation: The TNT plenum, the structures of the electric motors of the fans fitted on their antivibration mounts and the software itself designed to provide optimum air handling characteristics guarantee quiet operation of this silent safety cabinet, with sound-pressure levels recorded way below the parameters specified in the current EN:12469 European Standard for Microbiological Safety Cabinets.
IP 66 Electrical sockets fitted as standard in each size model.
Equalizer Downflow Hepa/Ulpa Filter: Patented equalizer downflow for a perfect laminar airflow distribution over the entire surface, with unmatched speed uniformity.
High Level Lighting: The big size glass side-windows with the ideal positioning and sizing of the light-system provide the highest level of luminosity to the work area.