Safeguard Hi-Traction - Anti-Slip Step Covers
Safeguard your Productivity and Profitability. Prevent costly slips and falls, especially on the leading edge of the stair, where most slips occur. Even in adverse conditions, such as when wet, icy, or dirty, SAFEGUARD Hi-Traction and HiGlo-Traction Step Covers provide excellent footing, far exceeding OSHA standards.
- Combine the right base material, grit, size, and colors to cover your steps and stairs
- Wrap the leading edge and cover the proper depth for your foot traffic to eliminate slip and trip hazards
- Fabricated to your specifications using a durable, non-load-bearing base of FRP fiberglass, galvanized or stainless steel
- 1/8 in Pultruded Fiberglass (FRP)
Lightweight, Impact Resistant, Cost-Effective
- Galvanized Steel - 18 gauge (1.2 mm) G90
- Stainless Steel - 18 gauge (1.2 mm) #316
- Heavy Duty Aluminum, 60/61 T Marine Grade
Thick, Rigid, Durable
- Direct Gritting
Send us your OEM parts or your engineered drawings for fabrication, then gritting
Hi-Traction® and HiGlo-Traction® Step Covers are designed to wrap over the leading edge with a standard 1in vertical lip (C), thereby covering the radius where most slips occur.
It is not necessary to cover the entire step. When measuring the length of your step (A), leave some empty space on either side of the step cover to allow for seasonal expansion and contraction and for any irregularities that may exist from step to step.Maximum Capabilities
Standard 90° FRP Covers
- Up to 10' length and 15 in deep
- Standard 1in lip (1.5 in and 2 in available)
Bull Nose Covers
- Up to 10' length & 9 in deep
- 1in lip
Steel and Aluminum Covers
- Call for maximum capabilities
The depth of the Step Cover for your stairway depends on your foot traffic:
- What type of footwear is worn in the area?
- What substrate do you intend to cover?
- What is the condition of the existing stairs?
- How many steps are in the stairwell?
- Super Coarse (Xtreme™)
- Extra Coarse (Offshore)
- Coarse (Industrial)
- Fine (Commercial)
- Extra Fine (Residential)
- Super Fine (Barefoot)