Sample Pro - Low-Flow Portable Pump for Groundwater Sampling
From Groundwater Sampling
The Sample Pro pump and tubing are and have always been PFC-Free. The Sample Pro Portable Pump, the first pump developed specifically to bring the advantages of low-flow sampling to sites requiring portable pumps, has been shown to be PFC-Free. Sample analysis by an independent laboratory showed no detections for 24 different perfluorinated compounds at detection limits much lower than the US EPA Health Advisory of 70 nanograms per liter (parts per trillion).
The Sample Pro portable pump combines the unparalleled sample accuracy and high reliability of a bladder pump in an easy-to-use design. It runs cool and can run dry without damage, and can be operated using any of QED's MicroPurge controller options - 12-volt integral compressor, a Honda-powered gasoline-driven compressor, an external compressed air cylinder, or a lightweight backpack with integral CO2 cylinder.
The Sample Pro pump's reliability and low maintenance make it more economical to use. Its twist-open design makes it easy to change the disposable bladder in seconds. The compact 14.75” length fits in a bucket for easy cleaning between uses.
Other innovations include interchangeable tubing connection options - conventional compression fittings or a 'push to lock' head that eliminates fittings, perfect for use with disposable tubing. The Sample Pro pump's rugged, all-stainless construction will stand up to tough portable use. With thousands in service and nearly two decades of proven performance, the Sample Pro pump is the most reliable portable sampling pump ever made.
The Sample Pro Portable MicroPurge Pump uses a quick-change, one-piece bladder design. Compressed gas squeezes the outside of the bladder to force liquid out of the pump; there is no gas contact with the pumped water inside the bladder.
Squeeze type bladder pumps are supported by years of independent research that shows they provide unaltered samples for even the most sensitive parameters.
Groundwater enters the pump through the inlet in the upper, head section, then flows down into the bladder. The high inlet helps keep the pump from clogging if it is accidentally lowered into a sediment-filled sump.
Check valves with stainless steel seats and check balls are located at the inlet and outlet. Inlet screens are replaceable to help ensure proper sealing of the check valves in wells with high solids levels. The Sample Pro Pump is shipped in a heavy-duty tube with rubber end caps to help keep the pump clean and protected between uses.
The pump is disassembled by a 1/4 turn of the cap and body; no special tools are needed. The bladder pulls off for replacement. Both check valves are press-in, pull-out design, and use Teflon for the fluid inlet and stainless steel in the fluid discharge.
Push-in tube fitting kits provide high pullout strength, but a cable eye is also included for applications where a support cable is desired.
- Exclusive Sample Pro disposable bladder is quick & easy to replace in the field, for fast cleaning.
- Rugged, reliable, complete system designed for easy use in the field.
- Quick 1/4 turn disassembly with no tools means simple, fast and complete field cleaning. Disposable bladders and push-in tubing replace in seconds, speeding you on to the next well.
- Solid stainless steel construction is truly durable, with no motors, bearings, or impellers to go bad. Even if the pump fills with silt, it can be put into action again with a quick, simple cleaning. Output pressure is strong and controllable.
- This is the only sampling pump that minimizes turbidity and silting caused by the well surging of other devices such as bailers and jerk samplers, and collects quality samples from small diameter wells at significant savings.