Saturn - Model 60-44HT - Waste Shredder
The Saturn shredder features twin counter-rotating shafts operating at slow speed and very high torque to reduce material by means of shearing and tearing. Slight shaft speed differential contributes to the cutting action while reducing particle sizing. The Saturn shredder is driven by a high displacement hydraulic motor, which in turn is powered by Saturn’s proprietary open loop hydraulic drive system. Automatic overload detection initiates cutter shaft reversal to eliminate damage to the shredder components.
- Shredder Inlet Opening 60” x 44”
- Shredder Outside Dimensions 141” x 73” x 43”
- Power Unit Dimensions 144” x 90” x 69”
- Shredder Weight 27,000 pounds
- Power Unit Weight 11,000 pounds (dry)
Cutter Shaft Torque:Fast – 48,915 ft/lbs
Torque: Slow – 48,915 ft/lbs
Cutter Shaft Speed: Fast – 24
Speed: Slow – 21.4
Cutter Force Fast: 52,176 lbs.
Slow: 52,176 lbs.
Cutter Diameter 22.5” @ hooks
Power Unit – Open Loop, Skid Mounted
Electrical Power 300 HP (3 x 100) (Optional 200 – 400HP)
Hydraulic Flow 240.9 GPM
Rated Pressure 3000 PSI
Operator initiated pushbutton controls, featuring Allen Bradley PLC. Motor controls include primary disconnect with short circuit protection, full load contactors, and electronic overload detection. Control power derived from a single-phase transformer. All components assembled and wired in a NEMA enclosure.
- Mounting and wiring of control and motor starter panels on hydraulic power unit
- Shredder infeed hopper
- Shredder support stand
- Infeed and discharge conveyors
- Tires – up to 15 T/HR
- MSW – up to 25 T/HR
- Non-Ferrous Metals – up to 7 T/HR
- Bulky Waste – up to 15 T/HR