Saturn - Model 72-72XT - Waste Shredder
The Saturn shredder features twin counter-rotating shafts operating at slow speed and very high torque to reduce material by means of shearing and tearing. Slight shaft speed differential contributes to the cutting action while reducing particle sizing. The Saturn shredder is driven by a high displacement hydraulic motor, which in turn is powered by Saturn’s proprietary open loop hydraulic drive system. Automatic overload detection initiates cutter shaft reversal to eliminate damage to the shredder components.
- Shredder Inlet Opening 72” x 72”
- Shredder Outside Dimension 177” x 90” x 49”
- Power Unit Dimensions 200” x 104” x 90”
- Shredder Weight 84,000 pounds
- Power Unit Weight 20,000 pounds (dry)
- Shredder infeed hopper Customer specified
- Shredder support stand Customer specified
Cutter Shaft Torque: Fast – 200,000 ft/lbs.
Torque: Slow – 200,000 ft/lbs.
Cutter Shaft Speed: Fast – 8 - 15
Speed: Slow – 8 - 15
Cutter Force Fast: 137,000 lbs.
Slow: 137,000 lbs.
Cutter Diameter 35” @ hooks
Shaft Diameter 11” Hex across flats ; 12-1/8” from corners
Shaft Center to Center 28”
Power Unit – Closed Loop, Skid Mounted
- Electrical Power: 800 HP (2 x 400)
- Hydraulic Flow: 350 GPM
- Rated Pressure: 5000 PSI
- Controls: Allen Bradley
Operator initiated pushbutton controls, featuring Allen Bradley PLC. Motor controls include primary disconnect with short circuit protection, soft start contactors, and electronic overload detection. Control power derived from a single-phase transformer. All components assembled and wired in a NEMA enclosure.
- Mounting and wiring of control and motor starter panels on hydraulic power unit
- Infeed and discharge conveyors
- Control panels to incorporate customers existing system into the Granutech System
- Dust Collection or Separation systems