Shimadzu - Model TOC-L - Laboratory Total Organic Carbon Analyzers
From TOC Analyzers
Consisting of PC-controlled and stand-alone models, the Shimadzu TOC-L Series of laboratory total organic carbon analyzers offers the optimum selection of performance features and options to meet the specific requirements of total organic carbon testing in a wide range of aqueous samples. An ultra-wide measurement range and Shimadzu’s patented 680°C Combustion Catalytic Oxidation/NDIR detection method make the TOC-L analyzers the ideal solutions for quality control, process control, and experimental research applications in the environmental, chemical, and pharmaceutical industries.
Patented 680°C Combustion Catalytic Oxidation/NDIR Detection Method
The combustion catalytic oxidation method completely oxidizes easily decomposed, low-molecular-weight organic compounds, as well as hard-to-decompose insoluble and macromolecular organic compounds. In addition, the temperature required for catalytic combustion is significantly lower than required for combustion without a catalyst, increasing combustion tube life and minimizing the effect of high salt content in samples.
This high-temperature catalytic oxidation technique is specified in several US EPA-approved methods, including:
- EPA 415.3
- SM 5310B
- ASTM D7573
Ultra Wide Sample Measurement Range
A sample range of 4 μg/L to 30,000 mg/L (with the automatic dilution function) enables measurements of everything from ultrapure water to highly contaminated water.
Reliable, Efficient Sample Injection System
Features automatic sample acidification and sparging, as well as an automatic dilution function that reduces sample salinity, acidity and alkalinity. This significantly extends the use of catalysts and combustion tubes.
The TOC-L series consists of a high-sensitivity model with a detection limit of 4 μg/L, making it suitable for a variety of applications, including pure water measurements, and a standard model designed for more routine TOC measurements. Each model is available as a standalone or PC-controlled laboratory TOC system. The standalone model offers:
- Easy-to-use dedicated keyboard and highly-visible TFT color LCD screen
- Ability to output measured data to USB memory for easy PC-based data management
- Printout by commercially-available PC printer
Functions common with each model include:
- Automatic setting of optimal measurement conditions
- Automatic selection of the optimal calibration curve
- Automatic changing of conditions and re-measurement of out-of-range samples
- ASI-L Autosampler – enables use of three different vial sizes
- OCT-8 Autosampler – allows any vial size for up to 8 or 16 samples
- SSM-5000A Solid Sample Combustion Unit – enables carbon measurements on soil, sludge, sedimentation, and other solid samples
- TNM-L Total Nitrogen Unit – add for simultaneous TOC and total nitrogen analysis
- Also use the TNM-L to determine TN and TKN by the new ASTM method, D8083. This method determines TN without a preliminary digestion. Results are available in less than five minutes. Read the whitepaper here
- High Salt Kits – allows continuous measurement of seawater samples with minimal maintenancetional Shimadzu product. (Assuming 8 hours operation/day × 5 days/week)