Sierra qMix™ - Field-Update for Gas Composition Changes
qMix is a powerful, user-customizable gas mix feature included with every QuadraTherm thermal mass flow meter as a free beta trial version. qMix provides the ultimate gas flow measurement field flexibility by allowing you to create custom gases or gas mixtures to compensate for gas compositional changes in the field.
Use qMix when the gas composition changes in the pipe or when moving the meter to another location with a different gas composition. The major benefit is that now for the first time with thermal technology you can retain accuracy without returning the meter to the factory for recalibration.
There are two ways to activate the qMix app for your QuadraTherm 640i/780i: 1.) Purchase a qMix license per 640i/780i serial number upfront at point of purchase. 2.) Purchase a qMix license in the field for existing 640i/780i customers. View qMix Activation
Upfront Purchase of a qMix License
The recommended way to activate the qMix app for your QuadraTherm 640i/780i is to purchase a qMix license for $350.00 per serial at time of purchase by using the model code “qMix” found the 640i/780i price list (must activate each meter per serial number).
Existing Customers: Purchase qMix License for Meters Already in the Field (firmware 1.0.87 or higher)
To continue using the qMix app for existing customers with QuadraTherm 640i/780i meters, you will need purchase a qMix license for $350.00 per serial number in the field. For existing customers, your 640i/780i must have firmware version 1.0.87 or higher to use qMix.
- Powerful, gas mixing software to create custom gas mixtures in the field
- Per meter license gives unlimited custom gas mixtures and uploads per meter serial number
- Maintain flow meter accuracy if gas composition changes
- No need to send unit back to the factory if gas composition changes
- Avoid costly recalibration
Through an easy-to-use software interface, qMix allows you to:
- Field adjust and maintain flow meter accuracy if gas composition changes
- Avoid costly recalibration; Once qMix has been installed, no need to send unit back to the factory if gas composition changes
- Create and upload an unlimited number of gas mixtures onto one meter-free of charge
- Save custom gas mixtures onto your personal 'My Gases Database' for later use
- Benefit from Sierra’s proprietary, ever improving, qTherm Gas Database to download more accurate gases and gas mixtures