Sierra SmartTrak - Model 100 - Premium Digital Mass Flow Controllers and Mass Flow Meters
For lab researchers and systems integrators/OEMs, Sierra's flagship SmartTrak thermal mass flow controller is a true multi-gas digital MFC designed to deliver smooth, stable, accurate, and repeatable gas mass flow control you can rely on, every time. Unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations, gas mass flow control is direct and unequivocal.
Available in any flow range you specify up to 1000 slpm and higher, SmartTrak is CE approved, comes in various sizes, industrial waterproof enclosures, operating pressures and temperatures, and industry form factors.
Pilot Module: With the remote or face mounted pilot module display/interface, view and change every aspect of SmartTrak at any time with the push of a button. Simply choose a gas from the menu and it’s ready to go, without losing any accuracy. You can also adjust engineering units, flow range, and set zero, span and full scale independently for each gas.
Quality Calibration: SmartTrak’s NIST traceable accuracy is backed by our ten point, primary standard calibration over the entire flow range. SmartTrak has a strong and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to assure best speed and reliability. Custom valve orifice sizing yields full-range stability. If you need something special, Sierra customizes often free of charge.
DIY Calibration: If you prefer to calibrate your own mass flow meters and controllers in-house, Sierra provides all necessary software and training and even the flow calibration standards required for the job.
Software & Digital Communications: Free user software and a variety of communications protocols like Modbus, Profibus and Foundation Fieldbus, make every SmartTrak easy to integrate into your digital communications network.
Special Pricing: We work with you to meet budget requirements and cost targets. Ask about OEM volume discounts.
The Thermal Advantage: Thermal mass flow technology is
an industry standard for mass flow control of gases because it measures flow directly, at the molecular level. In essence, counting and controlling every gas molecule flowing through the instrument to achieve unmatched precision.
- Direct mass flow with thermal technology +/- 0.5% full scale accuracy
- True multi-gas digital mass flow controller
- View and change every aspect of the instrument
- Small footprint at 50 slpm ideal for OEMs
- 10-point NIST calibration on primary standards
- Ideal for OEM, industry and research
- Patented, inherently linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design, advanced platinum wound capillary sensor
- Mass flow rates up to 1000 slpm; higher upon request
- 50 slpm (nlpm) version in a small footprint 3 inches long, 1 inch wide, 7 inches tall (76.2 mm, 177.8 mm, 25.4 mm); does not include fitting length
- Makes drop-in replacement easy
- User-friendly pilot module display interface is front-mounted, hand-held, or remote mounted
- Field adjustment with multifunction pilot module display interface. Change the following:
- measured gas
- flow rate
- engineering units
- set zero, span and full scale for each gas independently
- Primary Standard Calibration & NIST traceability
- 10 pre-programmed gases come standard; substitute up to 9 more
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Precision digital PID valve control; no valve tuning or adjustment
- Free user software
- Control functions also available from PC via RS-232
- Source code for RS-232 communication provided
- Compod™ upgrade to run small-scale pilot plants without expense of DCS or PLC system
- Enhanced networking capability, including two digital relays, totalization, inputs, and display
- Wide range of digital communication protocol options: Modbus, ProfibusDP, Foundation Fieldbus
- All clean gases including toxics and corrosives
- High accuracy: +/- 0.5% of full scale
- Accuracy: +/- 1% of full scale
- Repeatability: +/- 0.2% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0-10 sccm to 0-1000 slpm (nlpm)
- Higher and lower flow ranges available
- Pressure to 500 psig (34.5 barg)
- Pressure to 5000 psig (345 barg) available
- Gas/ambient temp 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50 C)
- Response time: 300ms time constant: 2 seconds (typical) to within ± 2% of final value (includes settling time), faster or slower available upon request
- 24 VDC power supply
- Seals: Viton®, Neoprene®, Kalrez®
- 316 stainless-steel construction
- Analog or digital signals included: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop), 0-20, 4-20 mA; 0-5, 1-5, 0-10 VDC
- Digital communications: Foundation Fieldbus, Modbus RTU, and Profibus DP
- CE approved