Sierra SmartTrak - Model 50 Series - Low-Cost Digital Mass Flow Controllers & Mass Flow Meters
For lab researchers and systems integrators/OEMs, the SmartTrak 50 is a true digital MFC and shares the same accuracy and repeatability as the flagship SmartTrak 100 with a few less features, slightly larger footprint, but more economical price.
The SmartTrak 50 series of meters and controllers is designed to deliver smooth, stable, accurate, and repeatable gas mass flow control you can rely on, every time. Unaffected by upstream gas temperature and pressure fluctuations, gas mass flow control is direct and unequivocal.
How is a gas mass flow meter calibrated?
A mass flow meter should have a strong and flexible control valve with accessible PID valve tuning to ensure the best speed and reliability. Sierra’s SmartTrak 50 features NIST traceable accuracy backed by a 10-point primary standard calibration over the entire flow range.
Prefer to calibrate your own mass flow meters and controllers in-house? Sierra provides all necessary software and training, and even the flow calibration standards required for the job.
- Software: Free user software is provided with every unit.
- Special Pricing: We work with you to meet budget requirements and cost targets. Ask about OEM volume discounts.
- OEM pricing with digital high-performance
- Small footprint at 50 slpm ideal for OEMs
- 10-point NIST calibration on primary standards
- Large display to view flow information easily
- Choice of construction in aluminum or 316 stainless-steel
- Ideal for OEM, industry and research
- Patented, inherently linear Laminar Flow Element (LFE) design, advanced, platinum-wound capillary sensor
- Mass flow rate up to 200 slpm (nlpm); higher upon request
- Choice of aluminum or stainless steel construction
- Compact size makes drop-in replacement easy
- Local display and digital setpoint control
- I/O DB9 comm ports on each side of enclosure for installation flexibility
- Optional analog setpoint/output signals
- Field adjustable zero and span
- Primary Standard Calibration & NIST traceability
- Proprietary frictionless-hovering, direct-acting control/shut-off valve
- Precision digital PID valve control; no valve tuning or adjustment
- Free user software: Download here...
- RS-485 (addressable)
- Control functions also available from PC via RS-232
- Source code for RS-232 communication provided
- All clean gases, including toxics and corrosives
- Accuracy: +/- 1% of full scale
- Repeatability: +/- 0.25% of full scale
- Flow ranges from 0 to 10 sccm to 0 to 200 slpm (nlpm)
- Higher and lower flow ranges available
- Pressure up to 145 psig (10 barg)
- Gas/ambient temperature: 32°F to 122°F (0°C to 50°C)
- Response time: 300 millisecond time constant
- 24 VDC power supply
- Seals: Viton (other elastomers available)
- 316 stainless steel or aluminum construction
- Analog/digital output signals: RS-232, RS-485 (Multi-drop),4 to 20 mA; 0 to 5 VDC
- CE approved
- Accuracy : +/- 1.5% of full scale including linearity over 32° to 122°F (0° to 50°C) and 5 to 145 psig (0.3 to 10 barg) for common gases: Air, Ar, CO2, CO, CH4, He, H2, O2, N2. +/- 3.0% of full scale for other gases.
- Repeatability : +/- 0.25% of full scale
- Temperature Coefficient : 0.025% of full scale per °F (0. 05% of full scale per °C ), or better
- Pressure Coefficient : 0.01% of full scale per psi (0.15% of full scale per bar), or better
- Response Time : 300 ms time constant; two seconds (typical) to within +/- 2% of final value including setting time. May be tuned to be faster or slower (consult factory)
All neutral, non-contaminated dry and clean gases compatible with wetted materials aluminum, stainless steel and Viton
Mass Flow Rates
The 50 Series can be calibrated for any gas compatible with viton, aluminum and stainless steel, using any units, to either normal or standard conditions, for flow rates up to 50 slpm air equivalent. Standard calibrations are available for ranges (slpm air equivalent) from 20 sccm/nccm to 50 slpm/nlpm.
For measuring or controlling flows below 5 sccm, please consider Micro-Trak™ Model 101. Above 50 slpm, please consider the Smart-Trak 100 Series
Gas Pressure: 145 psig (10 barg) maximum, burst tested to 225 psig (15 barg)
Differential Pressure Requirement : 15 to 20 psi (1.0 to 1.3 bar) see table
Gas and Ambient Temperature : 32°F to 122°F (0 to 50°C)
Leak Integrity : 5 X 10-9 atm cc/sec of helium maximum
Power Requirements :
Meter: 15 or 24 VDC (+/- 10%) 85 mA regulated
Controller: 24 VDC (+/-10%), 315 mA, regulated, RS-485 option adds 130 mA
Control Range : 5 to 100% of full scale flow (20:1) at published accuracy. Automatic shut-off off at 4.9% of full scale
Output and Command (Setpoint) Signal
- Linear 4 -20 mA, 500 ohms maximum load resistance.
- Linear 0 -5 VDC
- RS-485 Addressable (no analog outputs)
- Zero, span, and setpoint are field adjustable via supplied user software and RS-232 communications cable
Display : Flow rate, units, full scale, and setpoint. Display may be mounted on the front or back of the unit.