Singer Valve - Model 106/S106-PG - Full Port, Single Chamber, Hydraulically Operated Valve
From Main Valves
The 106-PG series control valve is designed to suit a large variety of applications such as pressure, flow or level control. This hydraulically operated valve introduces or releases water from the control chamber above the diaphragm to effectively maintain accurate water control. Refer to Main Valve Options and Pilots & Accessories to customize the valve to suit specific applications.
- Anti-cavitation option is ideal for high pressure drop situations
- Available in globe and angle style
- Valve(s) shall be a hydraulically operated globe / angle valve. The inner valve assembly shall be top and bottom guided by means bearing bushings. The inner valve assembly shall be the only moving part and shall be securely mounted on a AISI 316 Stainless Steel stem. Lower grades of stainless steel stems will not be acceptable.
- The stainless steel stem shall be provided with wrench flats on all valves 1 in / 25 mm to 16 in / 400 mm, for ease of assembly and maintenance. Wrench flats will be fully accessible when inner valve is assembled.
- All pressure containing components shall be constructed of ASTM A536-65 / 45 / 12 ductile iron. The flanges shall be designed to ANSI Class 150 or Class 300 standards. Flange drilling to ANSI shall be standard; however, ISO and other drillings shall be available upon request.
- Valve(s) shall have a protective fusion bonded epoxy coating internally and externally. The protective fusion bonded epoxy coating shall conform to the ANSI / AWWA C116 / A21.16 (current version) specification. No machining of any external parts after final coating will be acceptable to ensure a continuous coating surface throughout the entire valve.
- The valve cover shall have a separate stem cap on valves larger than 2 in / 50 mm giving access to the stem for alignment check, spring installation and ease of assembly.
- On valve(s) 1 in / 25 mm and larger, bonnets shall be accurately located to bodies utilizing locating pins. Locating pins shall eliminate corrosion resulting from the use of uncoated ductile iron to ductile iron surfaces. Valves with lipped spigot covers shall not be acceptable due to risk of rust and difficulty in assembly.
- Valve(s) 3 in / 80 mm to 8 in / 200 mm shall have the AISI 316 Stainless Steel seat with integral bottom guide, bolted in place, utilizing SpiralockTM thread tapping technology. The AISI 316 Stainless Steel seat ring shall be easily replaceable without special tools. Valves 10 in / 250 mm and larger shall incorporate a two-piece seat and bottom guide design.
- The valve(s) shall form a drip-tight seal between the stationary stainless steel seat ring and the resilient disc, which has a rectangular cross-section and is retained by clamping on three and one half sides. The resilient disc shall be constructed of Buna-N or EPDM for normal service conditions.
- All external fasteners shall be AISI 18-8 Stainless Steel with AISI 18-8 Stainless Steel washers. Mild steel studs or bolts will not be acceptable.
- All repairs and maintenance shall be possible without removing the valve from the line. To facilitate easy removal and replacement of the inner valve assembly and to reduce unnecessary wear on the guide, the stem shall be vertical when the valve is mounted in a horizontal line.
- Each valve shall be air tested prior to shipment. The standard test shall include leakage test, seat leakage test, and stroke test. Refer to IOM 622B for further details (contact Singer Valve). Where the set-point is provided, Singer Valve will preset the pilot. Further testing is available upon request at published rates within the capabilities of Singer Valve’s manufacturing facilities.
- The valve(s) shall be covered by a minimum three year (3) warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. The stainless steel seat shall be covered by a lifetime replacement warranty.
If using the 6 in / 150 mm & 8 in / 200 mm Flat Diaphragm Valves
- Valve(s) 8 in / 200 mm and smaller shall provide smooth frictionless motion with actuation being achieved by the use of a flat style EPDM / Buna-N diaphragm. They shall be constructed of nylon fabric bonded with synthetic rubber. The diaphragms shall not be used as a seating surface.
- Valve(s) 10 in / 250 mm and larger shall provide smooth frictionless motion and maximum low flow stability with actuation being achieved by the use of the Singer Rolling Diaphragm technology. The diaphragms shall not be used as a seating surface.
If using the 6 in / 150 mm & 8 in / 200 mm Rolling Diaphragm Valves
- Valve(s) 4 in / 100 mm and smaller shall provide smooth frictionless motion with actuation being achieved by the use of a flat style EPDM / Buna-N diaphragm. They shall be constructed of nylon fabric bonded with synthetic rubber. The diaphragms shall not be used as a seating surface.
- Valve(s) 6 in / 150 mm and larger shall provide smooth frictionless motion and maximum low flow stability with actuation being achieved by the use of the Singer Rolling Diaphragm technology. The diaphragms shall not be used as a seating surface.
Customize your valve by adding any of the available options
- Position Indicators
- Oxy-Nitride Stem
- Internal Drop Check
- External Spring Lift
- Grooved Ends
- Reclaimed Water