Structurally Supported Tank Covers
Applications include odor control, blocking sunlight to control algae growth or chlorine loss, temperature control, and preventing debris from entering the tank.
Cover Features and Benefits:
- GTI’s airtight cover allows odorous offgas to be reliably captured for subsequent removal and treatment, yet it can be quickly detached and easily retracted to expose the tank contents for inspection or maintenance.
- The superior airtightness of GTI’s covers can yield capital and operating cost savings resulting from the use of smaller blowers and ductwork.
- In potable water applications, GTI's covers reduce disinfection requirements, thus lowering operating costs and reducing the formation of disinfection by-products (DBPs).
- Covers are custom-designed to support local code loads.
- Covers can be installed without disrupting plant operation.
- Rainwater automatically runs off the cover to the tank perimeter.
- The cover fabric is durable, UV-protected, and resistant to a wastewater environment. It is also available with NSF 61 certification for potable water applications.
- Intermediate aluminum walkways spanning the tank are used to divide fabric cover sections into appropriate lengths for easy retractability.
GTI also offers the option of custom designed guardrail around covers for increased safety.