Sweet-Air - Model PE-500 MDPE - Drum Scrubber Unit
SWEET-AIRE PE-500 MDPE drum scrubber units are designed to provide the same adsorption functionality as larger units; but only on a smaller scale. The drums can be filled with media custom-selected to provide the maximum time on stream between changeouts and to deliver the optimum contaminant removal while in service.
Some typical applications are:
- Sewer gas relief vents, manhole ventilation along collection systems
- Headworks channel odor control
- Storage tank vents
- Landfill gas odor scrubbing
- Sludge thickening tank and digester tank odor control
- Tanker truck loading facilities vapor containment
- API separators and other wastewater facility VOC or odor control.
- Laboratory fume hood ventilation VOC abatement
Every SWEET-AIRE HDPE drum scrubber contains a media support system that ensures that the airflow across the media is evenly distributed to provide consistent and efficient contaminant removal.
The SWEET-AIRE HDPE drum scrubber units provide the end user with many benefits:
- Simple installation and ease of operation
- Corrosion resistant design – no metal in contact withprocess stream
- Supplied with the type of media to fit the application
- Units can be installed in pa rallel or series to provide additional capacity or stages of treatment
- System design will handle varying flow rates and process variability without reduction in performance
- Media support system ensures maximum media utilization and longer run lengths than pipe distributordesigns
- Minimized treatment cost due to cost-effective design
- Many fan options to meet any ventilation need
- Container: Open top 200 gallon plastic drum, 42”D by 48”H
- High molecular weight, mediumdensity polyethylene (HMW-MDPE).
- Minimum thickness 0.25”
- Cover: HMW-MDPE with four SS and rubber tiedown straps, and EPDM gasket
- Inlet: 6” Dia. PE Pipe Stub
- Outlet: 6” Dia. PE Pipe Stub. Optional TEE vent with SS screen available
- Drain: ¾” FNPT
- Media support: FRP grating and PVC screen
- Max Oper. Temp: 160°F
- Max. Oper. Press.: 2 psig
- Max. Flow: 500 ACFM
- Carbon Capacity: 30 cu. ft.
- Empty Drum Wt.: 42 lbs
- Fan (optional): Custom sizes. FRP, SS, PolyPro, or Aluminum Construction