TAPER-SLOT® - Battleship Tough Vibratory Screener
Lakin Tire West has been using ACTION Vibratory Conveyors with TAPER-SLOT® screens for over a decade. We consistently receive positive comments from our customers regarding the superior size consistency and quality of our tire shreds. The machines have proven to be dependable with minimal part failures and have been easy to maintain. When we order replacement parts they fit correctly the first time and installation proceeds quickly and efficiently. We have been very happy with the service and support during our relationship with Action Equipment.'
- Rene M. Maeseele, Recycling Operations Manager - Lakin Tire West, Inc.
Unlike conventional finger screens, the highly efficient TAPER-SLOT® Screen, with patented lateral wedge members offers the following benefits for superior screening performance:
- HANG-UP ELIMINATION
Lateral wedge deflectors prevent material from shifting laterally and catching under or wrapping around finger tips, thus allowing the screen to remain clean for maximum screening efficiency.
- 2. ACCURATE SIZING
Lateral wedge deflectors prevent longer, often oversized materials from shifting sideways under a finger tip and falling into the accepts.
- 3. ULTRA–RIGID
Lateral wedge deflectors prevent undesirable “finger–bending” and function as gussets under each finger to provide the ultimate in rigidity for long screen life.
- 4. SELF-RELIEVING
Staggered fingers and divergent openings allow particles the opportunity to self-relieve / cam-out.
- No plugging, blinding, or hang-ups common to conventional perforated or wire mesh screens
- Accurate sizing
- Screen multiple sizes per unit
- High throughput performance
- Easy to install, maintain, and operate
- Screen sections are modular and easily changeable
- Eliminates belt conveyors
- Does not 'fluff' or increase material volumes of lightweight materials such as paper
- No periodic stops or re-tunes due to material wrapping around fingers, discs, shafts, gears, chains or sprockets
- Safe. Unlike trommels (rotating perforated cylinders), the TAPER-SLOT® Screen isn't dangerous to fix and maintain
- Minimum horsepower and operating costs
- Distributes material flow at a regulated rate to downstream equipment such as a sort line or grinder
- Each TAPER-SLOT® Screen is customized to meet application requirements including apertures with optimized open area
- Construction & Demolition (C&D)
- Scrap Tires
- Wood Waste
- Landfill Reclamation
- Auto Shredder Residue (ASR)
- Aggregate & Dirt
- Commingled Recyclables
- Municipal Solid Waste (MSW)
- Commercial Waste
- Metal from Bottom Ash
- Glass, Plastics, & Metal
- Refuse Derived Fuel (RDF)
- Electronic Waste (E-Scrap)
- And many other materials