The Tiger handheld VOC gas detector is a revolutionary handheld, portable PID instrument for rapid, accurate detection of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Our handheld VOC gas detector incorporates ION Science patented photoionisation detection (PID) sensor technology with humidity resistance and anti-contamination design, proven to dramatically extend run time in the field.
The Tiger handheld VOC gas detector provides a dynamic detection range of 0 to 20,000 parts per million (ppm) with a minimum sensitivity of 0.001ppm (1 ppb), offering the widest measurement range of any other VOC detector on the market. This portable, handheld detector has the fastest response time on the market of just two seconds and is just as quick to clear down.
Tiger has been designed for the safe replacement of batteries in hazardous environments. Long-life rechargeable Li-ion batteries give up to 24 hours of use. Fast battery charging allows the instrument to be fully charged in 6.5 hours, while 8 hours of use can be achieved from 1.5 hours charge.
- Humidity resistant PID sensor for the most challenging environments
- Detects VOCs from 0 up to 20,000 ppm
- Fast 2-second response time and quick clear down
- Detects over 480 VOCs and toxic compounds
- Battery life up to 24 hours continual use
- Torch and back-lit keypad for low light conditions
- Accurate results in all environmental conditions
- Meets ATEX, IECEx, UL and CSA standards
- Large keypad and slim design allow one-handed operation
- Easy to access sensor, electrode stack and lamps
- Easily upgradeable via ION Science website
- Wide range of accessories available
- Minimum Resolution:
- 10.6 eV: 0.001 ppm (1 ppb)***
- 11.7 eV: 0.6 ppm (600 ppb)***
- Detectable Range**:
- 10.6 eV: 1 ppb up to 20,000 ppm***
- 11.7 eV: 9,000 ppm***#
- Response Time:
- 10.6 eV: T90 < 2 seconds
- 11.7 eV: < 6 seconds
- 10.6 eV: ± 5 % display reading ± 1 digit***
- 11.7 eV: ± 12 % display reading***
- II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga
- Tamb = – 15 °C ≤Ta ≤ +45 °C (with lithium ion battery pack)
- Tamb = – 15 °C ≤Ta ≤ +45 °C (with alkaline battery pack)
- IECEx ITS 10.0036X
- 3193491 conforms to UL Std. 913, 61010-1 & Certified to CAN/CSA Std. C22.2 No. 61010-1
- Class 1 Division 1. Approval for Groups A, B, C & D, T4
- Battery Life:
- Li-ion: life up to 24 hours, charge time 6.5 hours
- Alkaline: 3 x AA, typically 8.5 hours life
- 10.6 eV Krypton PID lamp (standard)
- 10.0 eV and 11.7 eV available
- Data Logging*: 120,000 points including date and stamp
- Communication: Direct USB 1.1 communication
- Calibration: 2 and 3 point calibration (via calibration kit accessory)
- Flashing LEDs Amber (low alarm) Red (high alarm)
- Sounder 95 dBA at 300 mm (12″)
- Vibration on alarm
- programmed TWA and STEL*
- Flow Rate: ≥ 220 ml/min (with blocked flow alarm)
- Temperature: Operating:
- 10.6 eV: -20 to 60 °C, -4 to 140 °F (non Intrinsically Safe)
- 11.7 eV: 0 to 60 °C
- Humidity: 0-99% RH (non condensing)
- Protection: Designed to IP65 (heavy rain)
- EMC tested to EN61326-1:2006, EN50270:2006 & CFR 47:2008 Class A
- Weight & Dimensions:
- Instrument (with probe)
- Width: 340 x height 90 x depth 60 mm (13.4 x 3.6 x 2.4″)
- Standard case: 367 x 89 x 90 mm (14.45 x 3.54 x 2.36″)
- Instrument weight 0.72 kg (1.56 lb)
- Packed weight: 5.5 kg (12lb)
*Model and gas dependent.
**Maximum reading is achieved with certain analytes such as ethanol.
***Specifications are based on isobutylene calibrations at 20 °C and 1000mBar. All specifications quoted are at calibration point and under the same ambient conditions.
****Based on continuous running.
#For indicative measurement only. Quoted accuracy achievable up to 2,000 ppm. For more accurate detection, calibration around concentration of interest is recommended.