Tremont - Qualitative Cellulose
Qualitative and quantitative cellulose filter paper is available in a wide range of grades to meet different separation applications.
Qualitative cellulose filter papers perform separation by entrapping particulate within the random matrix of cellulose fibers within the depth of the media. This media is widely used in methods requiring the determination and identification of particulate in both liquids and gas. Also this natural fiber filter paper is commonly used to clarify liquid samples.
Also available in fluted grades, which are easier to use and more convenient than flat filters when used in a filter funnel. This format reduces your preparation time due to its sharply creased prefolded pattern. Widely used for general laboratory separation and clarification applications as well as for soil analysis methods.
Quantitative cellulose filter papers are primarily used in gravimetric analysis procedures and perform separations by entrapping particulate within the random matrix of cellulose fibers within the depth of the media. This media family is also widely used in methods to prepare samples for further testing using many types of instrumentation. These very high quality filter papers are manufactured from refined pulp and alpha linters. They are acid washed and have an extremely low ash content.
- Fat determination of meat and dairy products
- Determination of PCB in fish products
- Determination of free fats in food products
- Determination of pesticide residues in food products
- Extraction of plasticizers from PVC
- Extraction of dioxins
- Solid particle such as dust collection in air flows
- Evaluation of liquid content in concrete slurry
- Gravimetric methods for hot environments
- Gravimetric methods for acidic gasses
- Extraction methods common to biochemical analysis