Backed by over 50 years of experience, the Tylox SOC profile gasket provides water-tight sealing of single-offset jointed, concrete pipe, manhole or box culvert.
Benefits of Tylox SOC Gaskets
- Fool-proof installation is assured by the utilization of the colored stripe on the nose of the gasket. Simply install with the colored stripe towards the end of the spigot. (Colored stripe also serves as “application” identifier)
- Wide variety of profile sizes allows for selection to suit any single-offset joint configuration.
- Lower homing force than a comparative O-ring joint is achieved by the combination of the unique approach angle of the wedge design and the compression section.
- No gasket “roll” or “twist” during coupling is ensured by the use of a wide, flat profile base.
- Multiple compounds allow for selection of material to meet the most stringent of application and/or soil conditions.
- Up to 144” pipe or manhole size can be accommodated.
- ASTM C361, ASTM C443, ASTM C1619, CSA A257, BNQ 2622 and California Greenbook, material specification compliance.
Materials and Identification
Tylox SOC gaskets are manufactured from a variety of synthetic rubber compounds and are identified by a colored stripe around the periphery of the gasket:
- C443, A257, C1619, Q2622 White Stripe
- C361, A257, C1619, Q2622 Blue Stripe
- California Greenbook Green Stripe
- C361, C443, A257, C1619, Q2622 Orange Stripe
- California Greenbook Yellow Stripe
* Note that the additional physical properties required to achieve Oil Resistance have a significant impact on availability, handling and cost. Please refer to the file “Oil Resistant Gaskets” in the “Tech Notes” Section of the website’s 'Resources'.
The above listing covers the standard, North American, specifications. Gaskets materials are available to meet many other specifications. Please consult your Hamilton Kent representative regarding materials to meet your particular specifications.
Tylox SOC profile gaskets are suitable for use in systems with up to 13 psig (30 ft Head or 90kPa) pressure requirements.
Higher head pressures have been obtained with certain joint designs. Please consult your local Hamilton Kent Representative for gasket selection to meet your specific requirements.
Tylox® SOC gaskets are not WHIMIS listed. Tylox® SOC gaskets are made from cross-linked, polymeric rubber, which is not considered a health hazard. As with any rubber product, the gasket may smolder or burn when exposed to a naked flame. Fire-fighters should wear self-contained, positive-pressure or pressure-demand breathing apparatus, and utilize water-spray, air-foam, dry chemical or CO2-type extinguishing media.
Storage and Handling
Proper care of the gaskets prior to installation will ensure maximum ease of installation and maximum sealing properties of the gasket.
All rubber gaskets are required to be stored in a sheltered, cool, dry place at the precaster’s facility, as well as on the job site.
Gaskets must not be stored near any electrical equipment that produces ozone. They must be protected from prolonged exposure to sunlight, extreme heat in the summer, and extreme cold, snow and ice in the winter. All gaskets must be protected from harmful substance such as dirt, mud, dust and grit.
All gaskets, other than oil-resistant gaskets, must be protected from contact with solvents and petroleum based greases and oils.
Detailed installation instructions can be found in the literature “.pdf” file in the 'Related Resources' section of this page.
- Smooth, high-strength splicing
- Suitable for all pipe and manhole sizes
- Meets CSA A-257, BNQ 2622, ASTM C361, ASTM C443, ASTM C1619 and California Greenbook material specifications
- Standard and oil-resistant versions available