From Structure Gaskets
Profile gaskets for O-Ring Joints on Concrete Pipe and Manholes. Enhanced Performance... Ease of Installation! Designed to replace O-ring gaskets for watertight sealing of confined-groove joints, the Tylox® SORT Series offers considerable benefits in ease of installation.
Benefits of SORT Series of gaskets
- The SORT gasket shape provides lateral stability during homing process. Gasket will not “roll” out of groove causing bell breakage and/or mis-alignment and leakage. The gaskets shape also prevents the possibility of gasket twist, eliminating the potential for bell “roll-back” and potential leakage. For these reasons, SORT gaskets are ideal for use in jacking applications.
- Reduced installation time and effort due to reduction in homing force provided by the profile gasket shape. Reduced homing force means less “stretch” on the gasket, which means less effort involved in installing and equalizing.
- Reduced installation time due to elimination of requirement for lubricating of spigot groove and full gasket area prior to installation. Gasket need only have the upper surface lubricated, after insertion in the groove.
- Profile gasket design provides more sealing area, in low deformation situations (applied side-loads) and also offers enhanced sealing capabilities around bug-holes and defects in the spigot/bell sealing area, when compared to a traditional O-ring.
- Reduced installation time
- Meets ASTM C361, ASTM C443, ASTM C1619, California Greenbook and CSA A-257 material specifications
- Lesser requirements for lubricant and equalization
- Suitable for all pipe and manhole sizes
- Standard and oil-resistant versions available