From Tide Gauges
The miniTIDE is a small Tide Recorder, designed for short term underwater deployments. Fitted with a 0.01% temperature compensated piezo-resistive cell, the miniTIDE will record high accuracy pressure data for a period of 1 month at a 10 minute sampling interval, using a single alkaline C cell. This makes it ideal for use in short term projects or for academic studies. Available with a choice of pressure ranges, and with either 500m acetal or 6000m titanuim housings.
- The miniTIDE is fitted with a novel temperature compensated piezoresistive pressure transducer that offers levels of performance previously only available from costly resonant quartz transducers.
- Range: 10, 30, 50, 100, 300 or 600 Bar
- Resolution: 0.001% range
- Accuracy: ±0.01% range
- The miniTIDE features a selection of pre-programmed sampling patterns, allowing the device to monitor (and average) pressure readings for a number of seconds at regular time intervals, e.g. 40 seconds sampling every 10 minutes.
- Alternatively, the instrument may be set to output data at a fixed sample rate of 1 or 2 Hz, for continuous monitoring applications.
- The instrument will operate autonomously, with setup and data extraction performed by direct communications with PC before and after deployment. It also operates in real time, with a choice of communication protocols fitted as standard and selected by pin choice on the output connector:
- RS232 Up to 200m cable, direct to serial port
- RS485 Up to 1000m cable
- Baud Rate: 4800 - 460800
- Protocol: 8 data, 1 stop, No parity, No flow control
- The miniTIDE is fitted with a solid state non-volatile Flash memory, capable of storing over 30 million lines of data.
- Internal: 1 x C cell, 1.5v alkaline or 3.6v lithium
- External: 9 - 28vDC
- Power: <200mW
- Battery Life: 30 days (alkaline) @ 40 secs / 10 mins, 80 days (lithium) @ 40 secs / 10 mins
- Connector: Subconn MCBH10F
- Materials: Acetal or titanium housing (as ordered), acetal lock ring and transducer cap
- Depth Rating: 500m (acetal)
- 6000m (titanium)
- NB: Maximum deployment depth may be limited by transducer range
- Instrument Size: 48mmØ, 270mm long (including connector)
- Deplyment cage: 110mmØ x 450mm long
- 0.7kg (acetal)
- 1.4kg (titanium)
- Shipping: 51 x 42 x 27cm, 10kg
System is supplied with DataLog Express Windows based PC software, for instrument setup, data extraction and display. DataLog Express is license free.