VELP - Biochemical Oxygen Demand Analysis Sensor
Innovative, mercury-free and extremely reliable solution for BOD analysis (Biochemical Oxygen Demand).
- Measurement on scales of 90, 250, 600 and 999 ppm BOD
- Higher values can be measured by diluting the sample
- Models with stirring stations offer VELP stirring quality
- Fits directly on the bottle containing the sample
- Automatically stores 5 BOD values at 24-hour intervals
- Enables analysis to continue over the weekend
- Results directly readable at any time, even after five days
- Direct readout in mg/l (ppm)
- Compact stirring stations
Priority to Safety
- IP 54 protection against particle and liquid ingress
- Class 3 IEC 1010 conformity
Choice of Models
- BOD Sensor Set, a ready-to-use solution for individual BOD analysis only
BOD Sensor, a dark glass bottle, an alkali holder and a stirring bar.
BOD Sensor Set is designed for use with the VELP MST stirrer.
- BOD Sensor System 6, a complete package for 6 tests
6-position stirring station, 6 BOD Sensors, dark glass bottles, alkali holders & stirring bars.
- BOD Sensor System 10, a complete package for 10 tests
10-position stirring station, 10 BOD Sensors, dark glass bottles, alkali holders & stirring bars.
Stirring stations are designed for simple handling, ensuring the VELP stirring quality.
Up to 5 stirring stations with 6 positions (30 samples) or 3 stirring stations with 10 positions
(30 samples) can be placed in a VELP incubator (FOC 215E)
Construction material: technopolymer
Power: BOD Sensor -
BOD Sensor Set -
BOD Sensor System 6 2 W
BOD Sensor System 10 2 W
Power supply: BOD Sensor 2x3V lithium batteries
BOD Sensor Set 2x3V lithium batteries
BOD Sensor System 6 115 V or 230 V / 50-60 Hz
BOD Sensor System 10 115 V or 230 V / 50-60 Hz
Dimensions (WxHxD): BOD Sensor 55x71x73 mm (2.1x2.8x2.9 in)
BOD Sensor Set 75x230x75 mm (3.0x9.3x3.0 in)
BOD Sensor System 6 270x300x185 mm (10.6x11.8x7.3 in)
BOD Sensor System 10 432x300x165 mm (17.0x11.8x6.5 in)
Weight: BOD Sensor 0,08 kg (0.2 lb)
BOD Sensor Set 0,4 kg (0.9 lb)
BOD Sensor System 6 2,3 Kg (5.1 lb)
BOD Sensor System 10 3 Kg (6.6 lb)
Reading value: mg/l (ppm) directly on the display
Measurement by electronic pressure probe
Bottle total capacity: 500 ml
Stored data: 5 BOD values at 24h intervals
BOD values: directly on the display at any time also after the standard 5 days period
BODlast determination: possible
Scales: 90, 250, 600, 999 ppm BOD. Higher values after dilution
Display: digits 3 LED
Safety class: 3 IEC 1010
Electronic protection degree CEI EN 60529: IP 54
BOD Sensor is the innovative, mercury-free and extremely reliable solution for BOD analysis.
A microprocessor-controlled pressure transducer transfers the Biochemical Oxygen Demand value directly to the display: results are displayed directly in mg/l with no need for further calculation and are stored automatically in the BOD Sensor.
The process is extremely easy, based on just few simple steps:
- Add a stirring bar, fill the bottle with the sample and insert CO2 trap, filled with reagents
- Screw the sensor
- Monitor the microorganism activity
- Read the BOD value (ppm or mg/l), based on the pressure change into the bottle because of microorganisms’ activity