VELP - Model JLT Series - Flocculators
Flocculators with multiple stirrers to allow standard conditions to be met during analysis, a basic requirement in order to obtain reliable and repeatable results.
- Digitally selectable speed from 10 to 300 rpm
- Microprocessor controlled operating time for unattended operation
- Identical speed and time for all positions for comparable results
- Reliable and repeatable results from VELP stirring quality
- Precise speed from an electronically controlled DC gear motor
- Choice of 4- or 6-place models
JLT 4, 4-position jar tester
JLT 6, 6-position jar tester
- High visibility LED displays for speed and time
- Illuminated back panel to simplify sample observation
- Stirring rods adjustable in height without tools
- Strong resistance to chemical and mechanical corrosion
- Select the accessories that match your requirements
Construction material: epoxy painted metal structure
Models: JLT 4 4 positions
JLT 6 6 positions
Back panel: disconnectable illuminated
Stainless steel stirring rods: adjustable in height by a selfblocking chuck
DC gear motor
Monoselector: same speed for each rod
Power: JLT 4 11 W
JLT 6 19 W
Dimensions (WxHxD): JLT 4 645x347x260 mm (25.4x13.7x10.2 in)
JLT 6 935x347x260 mm (36.8x13.7x10.2 in)
Weight JLT 4 13 kg (28.6 lb)
JLT 6 17 kg (37.4 lb)
Electronic speed control: from 10 to 300 rpm
Speed setting interval: 1 rpm
Microprocessor controlled timer: 0÷999 min or 0 ÷99 hours (or continuous)
Intuitive Parameters Setting, Digital Display
JLT Series, with 4- or 6- position Floc Tester, offers continuously variable stirring speed (if required), up to 300 rpm and settable through the relative digital display located on the front panel.
In addition, the user can program the operating time for unattended operation, through a second digital display. When time expires, stirring will be stopped automatically.
An illuminated back panel simplifies the observation of the samples, whilst height adjustment option for the stirring blades during operation increases its capabilities.
What is JAR TESTING?
Jar testing is a pilot-scale test of the treatment chemicals used in a particular water plant. In few words, it simulates the coagulation/flocculation process in a water treatment plant, helping the operator in the determination of the right amount of treatment chemicals, and, thus, in improving the plant’s performance.
Jar testing entails adjusting the amount of chemicals and their sequence in which they are added. The sample requires to be stirred so that the formation, development, and settlement of floc can be watched just as it would be in the fullscale treatment plant.
The operator then performs a series of tests to compare the effects of different amounts of flocculation agents at different pH values to determine the right size floc.
Few operations are required for a correct test:
- For each water sample, usually raw water, a number of beakers (jars) are filled with the same amounts of water sample
- Each beaker is treated with different doses of chemical; other parameters may be altered besides dosage, including chemical types, mixing rate, aeration level/time, filtration type, etc.
- Then, by comparing the final water quality in each beaker, the effect of the different treatment parameters can be determined and the best formula can be reproduced on large scale