Vitrocell - Model 6/3, 6/4 and 6/6 CF - Stainless Steel Modules for 6-Well Sized Inserts
From Inhalation Toxicology - Exposure Systems - Modules for 6-Well Inserts
The VITROCELL 6 CF module system has been specifically designed and engineered to facilitate research of the direct exposure of human cell cultures to airborne substances such as gases, complex mixtures, nanoparticles and fibers. The system authentically simulates the conditions of anatomical exposure. Adaptors for 12 and 24-well sized, inserts make this exposure system an optimal, universal testing platform.
The base module is made of electropolished stainless steel for maximum durability and is fully autoclavable for 20 min. at 120° C and higher temperatures. A constant temperature within the unit (37° C / 99° F) is assured via water circuit heating. Therefore, an additional incubator is not required during exposure. The media are supplied individually to each well compartment. Optionally, media exchange can be carried out on a continuous basis using a precision media pump.
The module has been designed for 3, 4 or 6-cell culture inserts (6-well size).
Universal module with optional adaptor sets for:
- 12-well sized inserts
- Snapwell® inserts
- 24-well sized inserts
- 35 mm Petri dishes (AMES test)
Aerosol exposure top
Special sealing and connection mechanisms guarantee a hermetic connection of the base module with the aerosol exposure top.
The aerosol inlet-stream flows through specially shaped inlets. The stainless steel / VITROGLIDE inlets are specifically designed for aerosols containing nanoparticles. The aerosol exposure top features an in/outlet for heating the water circuit, ensuring corresponding temperatures with the base module. It is made of high-quality anodized aluminum.
Microbalance Sensor – Additional option
A choice of modules equipped with 1 Quartz Crystal Microbalance for dose monitoring is also available.
Controlled inlet flow
Specifically designed inlets for optimal distribution and particle deposition.
More information about the VITROCELL inlet flow principle in our introduction
- Suitable for COSTAR®, FALCON® and ThinCert® 6-well sized cell culture inserts
- Adaptors for 12 and 24-well sized inserts
- Individual media inlets and outlets for each cell culture insert compartment
- Special inlet geometry of the aerosol exposure top for optimal particle deposition
- Inlets made of stainless steel with a unique VITROGLIDE surface treatment
- Base module made of electropolished stainless steel
- Base module and aerosol exposure top with integrated water heating circuit
- Control window for monitoring culture medium levels
- Autoclavability of all components
- Suitable for VITROCELL® Quartz Crystal Microbalance
No reviews were found for Vitrocell - Model 6/3, 6/4 and 6/6 CF - Stainless Steel Modules for 6-Well Sized Inserts. Be the first to review!