VJ-Advance - Model 3.9MM - Video Borescope
The 3.9mm VJ-Advance delivers all the features you would expect in a high-quality video borescope at a price that makes it accessible to almost anyone. Now available with an ultra-thin 3.9mm diameter insertion tube, the articulating VJ-ADV is ideally suited to accessing the smallest areas you need to inspect. No other company offers a smaller videoscope with full joystick-controlled, 4-way articulation. If your inspection application passageways are small, you owe it to yourself to demo the new 3.9mm VJ-ADV. Available in 1.5m and 3.0m lengths.
Joystick Articulation Control
The VJ-ADV provides precise control of the articulating tip through the use of a thumb-activated joystick. This joystick responds to the slightest movement of your thumb and allows full movement of the camera tip in all directions.
Combined with a trigger-activated image capture button and thumb-activated video recording button, the joystick allows easy one handed control of all key functions.
High Navigation Ability
The rigid end of the bending section is only 13mm long. This short rigid section aids in navigating the insertion tube through curved or complicated structures.
The VJ-ADV incorporates several new features, including:
- Stainless steel-braided insertion tube.
- The ability to record audio annotation along with video through the use of a mini-microphone.
- Explosive Atmosphere Certification MIL-STD 810G Method 511.5
Stand Alone Imaging Unit
The VJ-ADV is an all-in-one system that combines an articulating video borescope with an on-board imaging system. As you conduct an inspection still images can be captured with the click of your index finger and a button next to the joystick allows you to control video recording.
The control panel allows you to review stored images and video on the built-in 3.5” LCD display. As an option, you can view or record images and video on a laptop via the USB port or plug-in a conventional monitor.
Battery Powered Operation
The VJ-ADV is fully portable and weighs only 23 ounces, including the required four AA batteries. Run time is typically 1.5 hours before the batteries need to be replaced. Because off the shelf disposable batteries are used, there is no risk of down time waiting for a recharging cycle.
The LEDs that illuminate the camera tip can be easily adjusted to one of four different brightness levels, or they can be turned off. This feature prevents light washout and helps to always provide a clear image.
- Outer Diameter: 3.9mm
- Length (meter/inch): 1.5m (59')
- Exterior: Stainless Steel Braid
- Waterproof: Insertion Tube and Tip
- Chemical Compatibility
- Machine Oil, Heating Oil, Engine Oil, 3.5
- Concentrated Saltwater, Diesel Fuel
- Field of View: 70° / 70°
- Aperture: F 5.3
- Depth of Field: 4mm to ∞
- Illumination Method: 6 Super High-Intensity White LEDs
- Articulation Range
- 360° (over 90° in every direction)
- Articulation Control: Joystick with 'Direct Control' Mechanism
- Rigid Distal End Length: 13mm
- LCD Monitor: 3.5 inch Color Digital LCD
- LED Output Adjustment
- 5 Levels
- GAIN Adjustment
- 5 Levels
- Still Capture / Record Function: Still Image (no flash) / Time-lapse recording (video)
- Video Output
- 2.5mm Stereo Mini Jack for RCA Vide, Output (NTSC/PAL)
- Terminal USB Output
- Mini B Terminal Ver. 2.0 Video Capture, Output (Includes Driver/Viewer Software)
- Terminal Audio Output: Monaural Flat Jack for hands-free Earphone
- Terminal Microphone Input: Monaural Flat Jack for hands-free Microphone
- Storage Media: MicroSD Card (Max. 2GB)
- Still Image: JPEG 400x400 pixels
- Motion JPEG (AVI file extension), 400x400 pixels 15-30fps - Voice recording, function via the attached microphone
- Storage Capacity: Still Image: Max. 500 pictures (with 1GB MicroSD Card)
- Movie Recording: Approx. 60 minutes (Normal Mode) / Approx. 9 hours (Time-lapse Mode)
- Still Image
- Thumbnail 9-image Display / Full Screen Display
- Video: Play, Pause
- Image Adjustment: Brightness, Contrast, Hue, Sharpness
- Delete Stored Image:
- Time and Date Setting:
- Language: Japanese / English
- USB Mass Storage:
- Operating Temp. (Insertion Tube), In Air: -30°c - 60°c (-22°F - 140°F)
- In Liquid: 10°c - 30°c (50°F - 86°F)
- Power Supply: AC: 100V - 240V DC: 6V (4 AA alkaline batteries)
- Operating Time: Max. 1.5 hours (with 4 AA alkaline batteries)
- Weight: 480g (without batteries at 1.5m length)
- Carrying Case