WINDCUBE - Ground-Based Vertical Profiler LiDAR
With more than 600 units operating worldwide, the Windcube is the reference remote sensor in the wind industry, providing accurate wind measurements up to 290 meters. Developers, power producers, consultants and manufacturers have selected it for their onshore and offshore projects – from energy yield assessment to power performance testing and optimisation.
- Bankable data with constant accuracy up to 290m over 12 simultaneous heights
- Ultra-portable (45 kg) for quick and easy deployment on any site, without permits
- Reliable remote operations with low consumption (45 W)
- Web interface for system monitoring and campaign management – anywhere, anytime
- Accepted by all international wind measurement standards and guidelines (IEC, IEA, Measnet, TR6, Stage 3 DNV-GL, …)
The Windcube will reduce uncertainties and increase the profitability of a wind farm through accurate and fast measurement campaigns as well as easy operations in all terrains type. It is used for several applications, onshore and offshore, including:
- Wind resource assessment
- Site suitability
- Site calibration
- Power curve measurement
Standalone, or in combination with traditional meteorological masts, a mobile Lidar is ideal for providing bankable data to all stakeholders during energy yield assessments. An analysis of return on investment found that the use of a Lidar can save millions in equity by reducing uncertainties. In time-constrained projects, its fast and hassle-free deployment allows measuring right away and capturing additional measurement periods.
Once the turbines have been erected, characterizing turbine performance is key to profitability, from detecting underperformance at commissioning to verifying an asset before refinancing. With its added measurement capabilities and low cost compared to an IEC mast, the Windcube is already proven to be a suitable tool for turbine characterization.