Yes - Model TMS - Total Meteorology Station
The Model TMS Total Meteorology Station provides real time snow and liquid precipitation rates at remote automated weather stations. It represents the first fundamental breakthrough in basic precipitation measurement in several decades, and is ideal for mission-critical meteorological and aviation or surface transportation applications. Because it has no moving parts and does not require anti-freeze (as do conventional weighing precipitation gauges), it provides both high accuracy and superior reliability over the entire ± 50° C operating range.
- Reliable maintenance-free design 1
- Measures precip. solar/IR, PTU and winds
- No wind shields or anti-freeze are necessary
- Microprocessor-managed 'smart sensor' with RS-232 diagnostic outputs
- Reliable and accurate measurements in all weather conditions makes it ideal for:
- Professional grade meteorological stations
- Roadway weather information systems
- Calibration of other precipitation gauges
- Weather and global climate change research
- The TPS-3100 can be placed in difficult-to-access areas and will provide accurate readings of snowfall rates where vehicles are most at risk of experiencing dangerous conditions. Snow and ice removal operations can be optimized, and such efficiency gains improve public safety while saving money. Scientifically, knowledge of precipitation rates is fundamental to better understanding of climate change.