Acoustic Data Analysis Services
Advanced automated processing and detection algorithms
Our comprehensive data analysis software suites are continually developed and improved to keep abreast of innovations in the field and our own internal research programs. We use high-performance computing clusters to efficiently and reliably process large volumes of acoustic data to provide:
- Automated detection and identification of marine mammal calls
- Ambient sound level calculations
- Seismic survey event detection and quantification
- Vessel sound detection and quantification
- Pile-driving sound detection and quantification
Our specialized bio-acousticians review samples to confirm the automated marine mammal detections and identifications; they also interpret the vocalization data in the context of the given project and environment.
Our specialized bio-acousticians review audio samples and spectrograms to confirm the automated marine mammal detections and identifications and to interpret vocalizations in the context of the given project and environment. Analysts review the data to:
- Identify presence or absence of vocalizations for marine mammal species of interest
- Classify marine mammal calls by species and call type
- Identify presence or absence of seismic survey activity
- Characterize the time and frequency parameters of acoustic events
Our manual analysis protocols are customized to meet the needs of your project.
JASCO analysts provide real-time passive acoustic monitoring (PAM) solutions in the field. The experienced PAM operators listen to the acoustic data and inspect the spectrograms of the measured sound levels in real time. They log all anthropogenic noise events and marine mammal calls and can immediately notify survey operators of marine mammal detections. The raw data and a brief detection report can be provided immediately.