Acoustic Inspection of Pipelines Services
OUR ACOUSTIC INSPECTION CAN TELL YOU WHEN AND WHERE TO CLEAN YOUR PIPES BEFORE BLOCKAGES AND OVERFLOWS OCCUR - SIMPLY BY LISTENING
KNOWING WHEN & WHERE TO CLEAN
Sewer overflows (SSOs) are most often caused by blockages resulting from a long-term buildup of roots, fats, oils, or grease within the pipe. Those overflows are a symptom of a defect. The problem is how to economically determine when and where to clean a particular pipe segment before a blockage and subsequent overflow occurs. The data collected is analyzed and ran through a stringent QA/QC process that eliminates any redundant and/or inaccurate testing completed in the field. Our acoustic inspection service can quickly provide collection system owners with valuable information that will help them prioritize their cleaning efforts. The end result is a low cost assessment that will increase efficiency while lowering operating costs.
WHAT IS AN ACOUSTIC INSPECTION?
An acoustic inspection is performed using two components – a transmitter and a receiver. The operator places the transmitter in a manhole and it transmits a sequence of tones through the air gap within the pipe. The receiver is placed in an adjacent manhole and it listens for degradation in tones it receives compared to those it should hear in a clean pipe. If a known sound signal transmitted through the pipe segment is degraded, the sophisticated signal processing algorithms are able to analyze the result in less than 3 minutes and provide a simple assessment of blockage with the pipe on a scale of zero to 10.
It is safer to use than alternative technologies because it does not require confined space entry or physical contact with the flow.
- Provides blockage assessment onsite in less than 3 minutes
- Integrates seamlessly with GIS to develop TV work orders
- Eliminates unnecessary televising and cleaning
- Allows more efficient and cost-effective use of maintenance resources
- Works in all pipe geometries, with all types of pipe material, and across a wide variety of pipe diameters
- Can inspect over 50 pipe segments or approximately 2 miles of pipe per day
- Works in 6” to 12” diameters
- All work is completely guaranteed