Air Tightness Testing Services
Air Tightness testing, also known as an air leakage, air infiltration or air permeability test is a test to indicate the cubic metres of air leakage per square metre of external area of the building per hour - [m3 m-2 h-1]. Air leakage can occur through gaps and cracks in the fabric of the building envelope, allowing heat to escape, thus driving up heating bills and C02 production. Part L of the Building Regulations requires that new-build domestic dwellings are tested for air leakage. One of our consultants will be happy to discuss your Air testing requirements for your development.
All of our air tightness, air pressure and air permeability tests are carried out in accordance with ATTMA TS1 issue 2 to BS EN 13829 method B standards, and all our test engineers are trained and registered members of BINDT.
- BINDT registered Air Tightness Testers
- Typically only 2 hrs on site - minimum disruption
- Same day results - avoid handover delays
- Comprehensive report within 10 days
- Experimental investigation
- Smoke pen testing
- Liaison with your Building Control Officer, insurance body, or client
- Free testing programmes designed specifically for your project at proposal stage
- Compliance with Approved Document L1A of the Building Regulations 2000
- Thermal imaging can also be carried out if required