Allied - Emissions Reduction Technologies Assessment Testing and Analytical Services
Extensive programs for clients assessing both the technical and economic merits of the proposed emissions control technologies. Complete air emissions testing and analytical services. Specialized techniques are generally used in a variety of test applications, such as the measurement and analysis of air toxic emissions and the combustion equipment thermal performance. Source and compliance testing is supervised and conducted according to all Federal, State and local regulatory test methods. Representative activities for several specific examples are outlined below:
- Design, conceptualization and engineering of Combined Cycle, Co-Generation plants with conventional and Fluid Bed Combustors, as well as combustion turbine power plants.
- Design, conceptualization and engineering of advanced Biomass Gasification Plants for the synthetic fuel gas production or with Integrated Combined Cycle Systems capable of operating on a variety of renewable fuels.
- Systems conceptualization, preparation of specifications, bid evaluation, design and testing services supervision, assessment of subsequent startup, operating experience and reporting.
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Dynamics in Advanced Energy and Combustion Systems
- Numerical simulation of heat transfer in combustion devices;
- Modeling of gas-, oil-, and coal-fired combustion, swirling flows, and flow in heat exchanges and porous media.
- Engineering and consulting services for Acid Rain compliance, SO2 and NOx emissions reduction.
- Ash, coal and limestone handling systems development.
- Steam Plants conversion and re-conversion to coal, lignite or peat firing
DRY & WET Electrostatic Precipitation
- Electrostatic Precipitators (Dry ESP) operation analyses and evaluation, computer modeling, performance evaluation, and guarantees development. Start-up, Commissioning, and Project Supervision.
- Electrostatic Precipitators (Wet ESP, WESP) design/operation review, analyses and evaluation, computer modeling, and performance evaluation. Start-up, Commissioning, and Project Supervision.
- Stack Opacity analyses and evaluation. Opacity computer modeling.
- Stack Opacity compliance programs development and implementation. Underutilized power generation recapture.
- Hot-to-Cold Precipitators conversion application analyses.
- ovel methods and devices for electrostatic precipitation development, evaluation and modeling.
Flue Gas Conditioning (FGC)
- Flue Gas Conditioning (FGC) applications evaluation, analysis and computer modeling.
- FGC agents required injection rate(s) prediction.
- Ash and coal analyses database maintenance.
- Sulfur, Ammonia and/or Dual Flue Gas Conditioning Systems design, manufacturing, installation supervision, startup and optimization.
- Development of innovative ways to automatically control FGC processes.
- Development of novel methods for Flue Gas Conditioning.
- SNCR, SCR and Air Heater SCR technologies development:
- SNCR and SCR Systems performance prediction and computer simulation;
- SCR systems design, evaluation of the required catalyst volume and mixing distance, sizing and placement of the ammonia injection grids to ensure proper mixing and uniform distribution;
- Improved injection systems development, design and engineering for SNCR and SCR applications.
- Numerical simulation of flue gas flow in the furnace, flues, and fluid flow in combustion devices, air pollution control and flue gas treatment systems.
- SCR, SNCR gas distribution and processes modeling.
- Modeling of swirling flows, droplets trajectories and vaporization visualization.
- Modeling of the aqueous urea, ammonia and other reagents injection and time-release NOx reduction mechanisms.
- Ductwork design, gas flow and straightening vanes modeling to minimize pressure drop and flow non-uniformity.