Alpha Encapsulation Services
Inutec has a new plant for immobilising higher radiation alpha active wastes. The waste is emptied out of its transport packages and grouted into product drums for disposal.
The plant has a number of features that enable ope...
The plant has a number of features that enable operations to be carried out safely and reliably:
- remote handling of the packages and waste emptying process
- shielding around all the plant
- high-integrity containment systems
- ventilation extract treatment systems, so that airborne discharges of radioactivity and chemicals to the environment are negligible
- state-of-the-art control systems and camera viewing systems.
These features are shown in the photographs of the plant for the various stages of the process. The plant is currently being used to remove thoria waste from steel drums and to mix it with cement grout in ‘lost paddle’ product drums.
No reviews were found for Alpha Encapsulation Services. Be the first to review!