Alternatives Assessments: Methods and Approaches Services
Alternatives Assessment is an approach used to assess a chemical's impact on human health and the environment. The goal is to find a science-based solution that identifies hazards, promoting the selection of less hazardous chemical ingredients.
Alternatives Assessment tools have numerous applications, including:
- Enabling the prioritization of chemicals for reduction or phase-out:
- From any phase in product life cycle (e.g., manufacturing, product design)
- From the whole supply chain
- Assisting in the selection of alternatives for the following:
- Banned or restricted chemicals
- Chemicals that are perceived as hazardous by the public
- Identifying and classifying Restricted Use Materials (RUMs) for retailers.