From Energy & Environment
When you need accurate, defensible data, trust Battelle. We do more than routine analytical testing—we solve problems. Battelle employs a range of analytical methods to help the Oil & Gas industry make effective decisions for exploration, extraction, resource allocation and environmental stewardship. Battelle offers a full range of analytical services, including collection and analysis of geochemical prospecting samples, study design and analysis planning, and high-quality trace-level analysis.
- Hydrocarbon Forensics: Detect and identify petroleum hydrocarbons in sensitive environments and track their dispersion, transformation and ultimate fate. Battelle’s team of experienced hydrocarbon chemists offers rapid response, accurate analysis and an integrated analytical and statistical approach hydrocarbon forensics.
- Shale Gas: Accurately characterize natural gas deposits and track the fate and transport of gas components as well as chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing. Battelle offers compositional and isotopic analysis of natural gas, mudgas, bacterial gas and dissolved gas, and offers environmental monitoring and analysis for drilling and extraction companies.
- Method Development: Have a non-standard issue? Our team of experienced analytical chemists can help! Battelle has helped develop and evaluate rigorous methods for complex analytical needs and non-standard methods.
- Saturated Hydrocarbons
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons
- Polycyclic Aromatic
- Hydrocarbon (PAH)
- Alkylated PAH
- Petroleum Biomarkers
- Dispersants components (DOSS)
- Oxygenates and other additives