Archive Preparation Services
L – P’s archiving expertise is currently being used to assist research organisations, regional museums services and archaeological contractors. Key features of the archive preparation service:
- Archives are prepared to IfA standards and tailored to local museum/archive deposition guidelines
- All archives are organised to a high standard with a box by box database
- Efficient & appropriate project archiving
- Experience in bringing backlogged archives to deposition
- Online publication of data using L- P’s ARK service where requested.
L – P also offer full project management for ‘salvage’ of backlogged post-excavation work. Previous work of this type has included: assembling displaced archive, commissioning of specialist reports, completion of site report, updating HER/SMR, and liaising with English Heritage, county archaeologists and heritage managers.