From Hazardous Materials
Asbestos is a naturally occurring fibrous mineral that is found in rock formations around the world. Because of its strength and resistance to heat and chemicals, asbestos has been widely used in a variety of building products such as insulation, floor and ceiling tiles, roofing materials, and wall panels.
Growing concern over the health risk caused by exposure to asbestos fibers has led to tighter government controls limiting the use of asbestos and providing strict guidelines for the removal and disposal of asbestos containing materials.
QMLP offers complete asbestos abatement services for the safe management of asbestos found in residential, commercial, industrial and institutional buildings, including:
- Asbestos containment, asbestos removal, asbestos encapsulation and management of asbestos
- 24-hour emergency response and clean-up of dislodged or “spilled” asbestos
- Repair and patching of piping and ductwork
- Construction of containment systems
- Licensed transportation and disposal of asbestos waste