MACS Lab participates in the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) and National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) Accreditation #101948 program, and has earned full accreditation for bulk and airborne asbestos analysis. (Accreditation by NVLAP is mandatory for all AHERA analysis.) Accreditation requires consistent, successful proficiency testing and full, on-site laboratory evaluation by NIST inspectors. The laboratory must maintain a fully-implemented quality control program.MACS Lab participates in the California Department of Health Services (DOHS) ELAP #2027 program and has earned full accreditation.Accreditation by ELAP is mandatory for all determination of hazardous waste analysis and for lead in drinking water and asbestos in water. We are accredited for lead and copper in drinking water. We also have a California Certification for Asbestos Analysis in bulk materials and asbestos in drinking water.
- PCM analysis of airborne asbestos fibers (PAT - proficient lab) NIOSH 7400
- PLM analysis of bulk building materials (NVLAP - accredited lab)
- TEM analysis of airborne asbestos fibers (NVLAP - accredited lab)
- TEM by AHERA, Yamate II, & NIOSH 7402
- TEM analysis of bulk building materials for asbestos
- TEM analysis of tile and floor covering materials (a specialty)
- TEM analysis of water for asbestos