B2B Operations Support Services
We provide full support for our clients’ business-to-business (B2B) operations—from the physical management of mailrooms, printing, scanning, and defense logistics to the electronic management of payroll, HR, data exchange, fuel and loyalty cards, regulatory reporting and mandate management. CGI’s B2B operations support services cover all industries and encompass a wide range of technology areas, including cloud, business intelligence, big data, mobility, Internet of Things (IoT), security and outsourcing. Representative examples of our B2B operations work in various industries follow.
- Production engineering, testing and logistics:For the U.S. Navy, we design, implement and test IT and communications equipment to ensure it withstands military operating conditions. We also maintain parts valued at more than $200 million in a secure 150,000 square foot warehouse with full RFID tracking. Similarly, for the U.S. Army and U.S. Army Reserves, we manage physical assets, such as wheeled vehicles, weapons, etc., in the U.S. and overseas, tracking more than $14 billion in inventory annually.
- Secure staff services:We have a dedicated team of about 400 professionals with the appropriate security clearances to deliver a full range of staff services to the U.S. Justice Department.
- Mailroom services:We provide core mailroom services for the U.S. Justice Department and, in the UK, we mail between 80 to 100 million packages annually. We accept, screen and deliver inbound mail and pre-sort outbound mail.
- Energy markets:We have operated the UK wholesale market for electricity and gas producers and distributors for 12+ years. More than £1.5bn flows through our settlement process each year. This service earned us the BPS Contract of the Year award from the UK National Outsourcing Association in 2012.
- Enterprise content management:We process and disburse government incentives to health providers to encourage the increased use of electronic health records.
Oil and gas
- Fuel and loyalty cards:We run the business platform and processes that support the fuel card operations of major fuel retailers, including Shell, valued at €20bn annually.
- Mandate management: We developed a mandate management business platform to help banks and corporations comply with SEPA regulations for interbank transactions in Europe. We also are providing extensive SEPA migration services for Royal Bank of Scotland.
- Insurance risk information management:In Canada, we collect, manage and protect policy and claims data for the P&C industry and offer solutions based on this data to help insurers better assess their risks.We also act as a gateway for insurers to access government and third party data with the goal of improving risk management.
- Regulatory reporting:We operate the regulatory reporting and registration infrastructures for all of the securities commissions across Canada. We process all filings and disclosures and manage insider trading reporting and broker-dealer registrations for public companies and mutual funds.
Manufacturing, retail, post and logistics
- B2B data exchange:We offer cloud-based services to manage the electronic distribution of data and documents among multiple parties (92.5 million electronic transactions annually). We drive genuine business value through the provision of timely, accurate and standardized data.
- Scanning:We have a team of 100 in the Philippines that verifies the accuracy of OCR data entry in multiple languages,
- Printing:We have large printing and finishing operations in Canada, Portugal, Sweden and the U.S., where we print more than two billion documents annually for various industries. Our printing services include document composition, print, mail, archiving, enterprise content management and multi-channel distribution.
- Project services:We have a team of more than 250 staff in the Philippines that provides core program office services such as finance, scheduling, quality assurance and reporting to clients in more than 20 countries.