Bayern - Textile Innovation Network Services
The interdisciplinary network TEXTILE INNOVATION is one of the leading networks for the textile and clothing industry in the German-speaking countries. It links business with academia, with the aim of further increasing the innovative capacity and competitiveness of the textile industry. With its work, the network provides an easier and faster way to develop new technologies, generate new business opportunities and establish new partnerships – throughout Bavaria, nationwide and internationally.
As high-tech products, textiles have to fulfil ever more diverse functions. Interdisciplinary cooperation is crucial for the development of innovative textile technologies. For this purpose, Bayern Innovativ GmbH initiated the network TEXTILE INNOVATION in 2004 together with the Association of the Bavarian Textile and Clothing Industry.
The network TEXTILE INNOVATION is one of the leading networks for the textile and clothing industry in the German-speaking countries. The interdisciplinary network specifically links business, research and science — across industries and technologies. The aim of our network activities is to further increase the innovative capacity and competitiveness of the textile and clothing industry. To this end, we want to work with you to advance textile innovations.
We support you during the various stages of the innovation process — from idea generation to the launch of new products:
- Information on technologies and trends
- Access to potential cooperation partners from many different technology and industry fields
- Access to key end-user industries of functional textiles
- Innovation platforms for personal contact, technology scouting and marketing your skills
- Joint stands at high-tech fairs for the presentation and marketing of new technologies and products
- Navigation to funding
- Companies in the textile and clothing industry from all stages of the textile chain
- End-user industries of functional textile materials and techniques — such as the automotive industry, aerospace, protection of persons and property, sport and lifestyle, medicine and hygiene, construction and architecture
- Other industries and technologies with competencies for the development of textile materials and products — such as the fibre industry, (textile) mechanical engineering, new materials (ceramics, plastics, metal, etc.), biotechnology, chemistry, electronics, etc.
- Scientific institutes of university and non-university research
- Smart textiles
- Textiles for mobility
- Textiles for medicine & hygiene
- Textiles for protection of persons and property
- Textiles for sport & fashion
- Textiles for construction & architecture
German and Bavarian companies are considered to be leading in the field of technical textiles. The same applies to internationally renowned sports and fashion brands. In 2016, about 13,000 employees generated a turnover of 2.8 billion euros in Bavaria. Almost 50% of the employees in the Bavarian textile industry work in the long-standing textile region of Upper Franconia. Supporting the Upper Franconian textile industry is therefore one of the top priorities of the network's activities.
With your involvement in the TEXTILE INNOVATION network, you will benefit from an easier and faster implementation of innovations and enhance your competitiveness!
The TEXTILE INNOVATION network cooperates with strong strategic partners.
The 'Verband der Bayerischen Textil- und Bekleidungsindustrie e. V.' (VTB, 'Association of the Bavarian Textile and Clothing Industry') is an employers' and trade association and represents the interests of 150 members from the Bavarian textile and clothing industry. The association offers the member companies advice and support on all fundamental issues relevant to enterprises and the industry. The VTB also advises and supports the companies on the issue of innovation processes and in matters of application technology along the textile production chain. It is the point of contact regarding questions on environmental law, occupational safety and operational safety.
With the portal 'OfraTex' , the Chamber of Commerce and Industry for Upper Franconia in Bayreuth gives a comprehensive overview of the industry in the region. Upper Franconian textile companies present their innovative products and services at OfraTex.de.
The Textile Clothing Dialogue is an association of companies from the entire textile chain. In joint working groups, they work on tasks and problems, particularly with regard to improving the quality of products.
Swiss Textiles — the Swiss textile association — represents the interests of 200 member companies from the textile and clothing industry. Many of the internationally oriented companies have a high degree of innovation and are among the best providers of textile solutions worldwide in their fields. Swiss Textiles strives to create the best possible framework conditions so that the industry's ability to innovate can be further developed. Swiss Textiles supports its members in day-to-day challenges and offers an exciting network for an active exchange of ideas.
With a view to optimal knowledge and technology transfer, the TEXTILE INNOVATION network cooperates with several specialist media