Biocord is a man-made bio-reactor substrate, developed and manufactured for water management using microbe activity to passively treat water in controlled flow or storage applications. Biocord can also be used to treat wastewaterin oceans, rivers, lakes, marshes and man made reed beds.The structure of Biocord attracts microbes, because of this Bio-Cord is the choice media for microorganisms to live and grow on. The microbes adhere to the threads and perform biodegradation. Knowledge based calculations as to which type of bio-cord, the amount and contact time create the efficiency and success of the system.
In the Summer of 2011 Bishop Water Technologies, i...
In the Summer of 2011 Bishop Water Technologies, in partnership with Bonnechere Valley Township, undertook a Pilot Project at the Sewage Treatment Plant in Eganville Ontario, to determine the effectivness of the Biocord at treating raw sewage, mixed liquor suspended solids and filtrate produced by the Geotube® dewatring process.
Features and Benefits of Biocord Reactors
- Does not require frequent cleaning due to the cords' ability to cast off accumulated solids via gravity while maintaining activity; resulting in water treatment that is more stable.
- A properly designed system is 100% environmentally friendly.
- The Biocord system can be included in the design of new or retrofitted to existing recirculation systems; this flexibility allows for site specific applications.
- Increased amount of surface areas holds a large quantity of microorganisms per unit length compared to other bio-filter media; therefore less area is taken up by the bio-filter.
- Inexpensive to operate and maintain. A four million gallon unit requires only a total of 30-hp and 2 hours per day of attention to ensure operational parameters. Due to the high solids removal, settling ponds lagoons do not have to be cleaned out as often.
- 97% nitrogen and 98% solids removal with right chemistry.
- By reducing the solids, you reduce the BOD (biological oxygen demand) therefore less oxygen is required, also lowers phosphorus and nitrogen levels.
- Other advantages include: reduced odor and make up flow is decreased.
- In fish applications it provides food for microbiological feeders as well as a substrate for eggs sacs (when deployed directly in the water column)
- Effective in high sludge applications, up to 10% TSS (total suspended solids) such as fish farm settling ponds, hog lagoons.
- Bio-Cord is lightweight and void fraction is large therefore installation and maintenance is easy.
No reviews were found for Biocord Reactors. Be the first to review!