Among the services we provide:
- To determine microbial plate counts, fungal counts and microbial-activity in composts.
- Aerobic / anaerobic plate counts and bacterial biomass
- Spore forming bacteria
- Total fungal counts and biomass
- VAM spores
- Actinomycete plate count
- Bacillus plate count (subtillus and cereus).
- Protozoa counts and characterizations
- Nematode counts
- Nitrogen-fixing bacteria
- Hydrocarbon degrading bacteria
- Fluorescent pseudomonads
- To measure EPA-503 potential pathogens in biosolids and compost amendments.
- Salmonella (new EPA #1682 method)
- Fecal coliform (new EPA #1680 method)
- To evaluate finished composts for hygienic standards.
- Escherichia coli
- E. coli-0157.H7
- Listeria spp.
- Clostridium perfringens
- Fecal streptococci
- Enterococci spp.
- To evaluate ability of a compost product or growth medium to suppress several common fungal pathogens.
- Bioassay of compost product or growing medium by challenging with specific fungal pathogens
- Manipulate assays to determine best use of compost or growth medium
COMPOST TEA TESTING SERVICES – We provide a range of analytical services specific to use of compost teas for disease suppression and nutrient supply. Our experience includes use with vegetables (cucumbers, strawberries) and viticulture.