Building Performance Improvement Program Services
Increasingly, sustainability is becoming a discipline that supports property owners' businesses much like legal, finance, sales, or IT services. Sustainable Solutions Corporation developed The Building Performance Improvement Program (BPIP) to address the needs of large property owners/ managers in the areas of building operations and sustainability. The intent of the BPIP is to standardize and simplify building performance throughout a property owner's portfolio in order to deliver bottom line results.
The first phase of the BPIP places all buildings enrolled in the program onto a level playing field where performance can be measured, managed and compared. This is typically accomplished through an ASHRAE Level I audit which yields an ENERGY STAR score as well as no- and low-cost measures to improve building performance immediately. This early analysis allows future capital intensive energy conservation measures to be, at least in part, 'paid from savings'.
The baseline provides many benefits to the owner, including:
• Ensures capital investments are allocated wisely throughout the portfolio
• Informs the owner of value opportunities across the portfolio, such as potential for renewable energy, marketing opportunities, etc.
• Takes maximum advantage of available rebates, tax credits and other incentives
• Leverages sustainability spending by integrating standard sustainability policies and training across the entire portfolio
• Establishes and tracks metrics and initiatives that contribute to an overall company sustainability plan