Rising energy costs and increasing carbon emissions are key drivers in providing sustainable, low carbon energy supplies. We can offer a wide range of energy and carbon management services for the built environment, be it existing or from plan. These include energy audits and carbon footprints, recommendations for reducing business emissions, evaluation of energy requirements and feasibility appraisals for renewables options.
The overarching goal of carbon management is to combat climate change which is widely recognised as the greatest threat to the planet and mankind. The Climate Change Act 2008 has set stringent targets to reduce carbon emissions to at least 80% of the 1990 base-year value and this is a huge challenge facing all organisations who now need to put in plans in place to ‘do their bit’ towards meeting this goal.
Waterman can also advise on climate change strategy to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions and adapt to the inevitable effects of climate change.
We provide an holistic approach which recognises that in order to achieve success in this crucial area, it cannot be done through a ‘one-off hit’ but requires effective and on-going carbon management.
Our energy and carbon management services include:
- Carbon footprinting, including Life Cycle Analysis (PAS 2050), ISO16001 and NI 185 requirements
- Carbon Reduction Commitment support
- Display Energy Certificates
- Emissions trading support
- Energy Performance Certificates
- Low carbon energy strategies
- Renewable energy feasibility studies
- Renewable energy options appraisals