Culligan - Home & Office Water Testing Services
At Culligan, we think it's important for our customers to know what is in their water, in the home and in the office. We bathe, clean, cook and drink it all day long, so it just makes sense to have a good understanding of what might be present in your water. Understanding the makeup of your water, from hardness to pH balance to measuring contaminants, is the first step to assuring you have great water to enjoy every day.
A simple water test is a great first step in understanding what is in your water. By testing your water, you can gain knowledge of what is in your water. While you may recognize some of the contaminants that could be present in your water, it is always a good idea to have a local water professional interpret the results of the water test.
Culligan offers several levels of water testing, based upon local water conditions and your specific requirements. The starting point is a basic water testing program in your home, performed by your local Culligan Man. Should you desire or require a more in depth analytical test, Culligan offers a full suite of laboratory tests.
A few common indications that you might also want to consider a water test are:
- Rotten egg odor
- Bitter or tart tasting water
- Water spots on glasses
- Dull Hair
- Stiff, scratchy laundry
- Scale build up on shower stall or tub
- Own a private well
- Stained toilets, sinks, showers or tubs
- Slow water flow/soft pressure
- During any home renovations
- Before installing new appliances
- Moving to a new home or area
The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the Ohio Department of Natural Resources also recommend water testing if you live near an area where mining, hydraulic fracturing or excavating occurs.
Private Well Water Testing: If you own a private well, you are like 15% of Americans who are responsible for knowing what is in your own water supply. Private well water is not subject to health standards set by the EPA or government, so it is up to you to have your water tested based on the following EPA water testing recommendations:
- Total coliform bacteria, nitrates, total dissolved solids and pH levels every year
- Tannins, hardness, chloride, sulfate, alkalinity, iron and copper ever 2-3 years
In Home Water Testing
Culligan offers a basic in home water test through your local Culligan Man. As your local water professional, he can bring a water testing kit directly to your home to analyze your water. He will then go over the results with you and make recommendations based on what is best for you and your water.
Culligan Analytical Lab Water Testing
Culligan also offers a more in depth water analysis through our Culligan Analytical Laboratory. Our lab offers customers a variety of high quality water analysis based on your water needs using EPA approved methods.
There are many reasons you should choose Culligan's lab for your water testing needs, but a few are:
- Certified in National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP)
- Certified in Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, California, New York, Texas, Vermont, Montana, Iowa, Pennsylvania and Minnesota.
- Thousands of water samples analyzed per year
- 3 day turnaround time for standard water analysis
- State-of-the-art equipment
- 45 years of combined laboratory experience
Culligan also offers water testing for commercial businesses, meeting the testing requirements of all types of industries, from restaurants to commercial food plants to industrial water facilities.