Design & Consenting Services
When we’ve established that a site is feasible (which in some cases can be very feasible), we like to get stuck into making it real.
- Topographical surveys: to confirm exact heads, pipeline route/length etc.
- Planning drawings: intake designs, powerhouse designs, general layout
- Hydrological analysis: flow gauging, procuring gauging station data, installing flow gauge weirs, spot gauging
- Turbine selection: Pelton, Turgo, Crossflow, Francis, Kaplan, Archimedean Screw
- Pipeline selection: material and best diameter for scheme
- Planning consents: abstraction and impoundment licenses; planning permission; land drainage consent – preparation, submission and liaison with authorities until consent achieved
- Commissioning of ecological surveys: includes specialist research into fisheries and bryophyte as necessary
- Reports: drafting of all necessary statements including Design & Access, Construction Methodology etc.