Up-to-date software and modern computer systems are only the beginning of what Air Sciences believes it takes to produce superior air quality impact analyses. Most importantly, it takes a professional staff that understands how the models work and how the source characteristics, meteorological data, and surrounding terrain interact to drive the impacts. We strive to conduct modeling analyses that are scientifically defensible and that stand up to agency review.
The staff at Air Sciences have worked with a large variety of air dispersion models. These models have included:
- Traditional regulatory models (CALPUFF, ISCST3, AERMOD, and PRIME variants, ACE model)
- Visibility models (VISCREEN, PLUVUE, CALPUFF)
- Meteorological preprocessors (PCRAMMET, MPRM, CALMET, and custom formatting)
- RMP/Accidental release models (DEGADIS, SLAB, ALOHA, RMP*comp)
- Transportation and Planning Models (MOBILE and PART emissions models, CALINE, CAL3QHC, EMFAC/MVEI, URBEMIS, EDMS)
- Fire Effects Models (FETM, SIS, SASEM, FOFEM, TSARS, NSFPUFF)
- Specialized models (SACTI for water vapor plumes, OBOD for munitions demolition, REEDM for rocket engines)
Our modeling analyses typically include:
- Clear and concise reports that present the methodology, assumptions, model inputs, and results.
- Detailed, well-designed, and thoroughly referenced emissions inventories.
- Strong GIS and graphics capabilities for the production of relevant and illustrative color graphics.
Air Sciences is well-versed in the complex issues associated with PSD and state permits including visibility and air-quality-related value (AQRV) analyses. Our experienced staff can guide our clients through the maze of regulations and provide the technical expertise needed in negotiations with state and Federal Land Managers to define appropriate protocols and methods for assessing impacts. We strive to work with our clients and regulators to come to solutions that meet the needs of our clients and the environment.
The staff at Air Sciences can do more than just permit dispersion modeling. Our research-level scientists also specialize in developing custom models and performing specialized studies for specific client needs. We are able to tackle unique and challenging problems and develop methods and approaches that meet our clients' needs.