Environmental and Safety Audits
Effective management of environmental, health and safety (EHS) requirements is necessary for maintaining productive, sustainable operations. A sound EHS compliance and management program provides a means to avert problems and delays, reduce liability, avoid costs and present a positive image to the community. To that end, assessments/ audits are effective tools for understanding, evaluating, and verifying EHS compliance, EHS management systems, EHS initiatives, as well as liabilities and risks.
Cost-effective evaluations of a facility’s requirements for:
- Written programs (e.g. spill plans, emergency plans, pollution prevention plans, etc.)
- Other practices (e.g. chemical storage, hazard assessments, exposure evaluations, etc.)
Sigma is your single source for conducting EHS compliance assessments.
- Experienced staff along with well-developed relationships with regulating agencies
- Qualified staff dedicated to understanding regulations and clients’ perspectives
- Understanding industrial processes
- Understanding the full spectrum of EHS staffing resources
In addition to EHS compliance assessments, Sigma conducts the following types of audits/evaluations:
- Carbon Footprint Assessments: Determine greenhouse gas emissions (GHG) in equivalent CO2 in accordance with GHG Protocol.
- Life Cycle Assessment: Evaluate the environmental footprint associated with a product, process and/or activities.
- Management System Audits: Review strategic plan and management systems to determine the effectiveness of policy, planning, operation, corrective action and review in ensuring environmental responsibility.
- Pollution Prevention Audit: Identify opportunities to minimize waste, reduce resource consumption, prevent pollution and save money.
- Site Assessments: Due diligence to determine environmental liabilities and risks associated with owning the real estate.
- TSDF/Contractor Audit: Assess status of facility(ies)/ firm and determine risk assumed and reliability.
Basic assessment steps:
- Determine present status
- Complete 'gap analysis' and prioritize
- Identify corrective actions to close gaps
- Assign and implement corrective actions
- Develop systems to document progress
- and re-assess status