Bureau Veritas provides comprehensive environmental testing to support the mining lifecycle from exploration to closure and reclamation. Bureau Veritas provides analytical support for routine and baseline water quality monitoring work, and determining levels of metals, inorganic and organic contamination in animal and plant tissue, soil and surface and groundwater samples.
Environmental chemistry services include:
- Deleterious substances
- Effluent analysis as per the Metal and Diamond Mining Effluent Regulations (MDMER)
- Routine water quality monitoring including permit stations, wastewater treatment plant (effluent/influent), tailings pond characterization, and monitoring wells
- Soil and water analysis in support of baseline monitoring projects
- Ultratrace metals analysis
- Specialized studies in mercury and selenium, in water and in fish tissue