A due diligence study is an investigative process done with a certain standard of care through which a potential acquirer evaluates a target asset. Those conducted by Apercu involved power plants that were being put up for sale by the national government.
- Review the status of applicable permitting and licensing requirements for the operation of the facility
- Assess environmental compliance records and any material breaches and the manner in which these have been remedied;
- Assess the emissions, effluents, wastes and other environmental obligations of the facility and its ability to comply with these, (based on historical performance, license requirements and environmental assessments).
- Observe and note general contamination within the site and all environs in immediate vicinity of the facility;
- Review all relevant environmental documents;
- Identify any deficiencies and limitations noted during the review;
- Recommend plan of action for environmental compliance and provide a projected schedule for completion