Environmental Due Diligence Assistance Services
Spirit Environmental has extensive experience with environmental due diligence assignments in the U.S. and abroad. Our staff has been involved in a variety of industries including refineries, petrochemical and chemical plants, utilities, and all types of manufacturing. Our extensive and detailed knowledge of air regulations, requirements, and pollution controls allows us to quickly identify environmental risks and liabilities in order to provide accurate capital cost estimates to bring a facility into compliance.
RENEWABLE ENERGY CONSULTING SERVICES
Renewable energy projects such as landfill gas-to-energy (LFGTE) and wind power facilities, as well as waste-to-energy projects, typically involve small, decentralized power generators that produce electricity close to the point of consumption (and/or fuel products for transmission to a more distant market). Given the high cost of conventionally produced electricity, these facilities are increasingly attractive for energy consumers and other local and regional stakeholders. Spirit Environmental offers an integrated set of consulting services that have helped our renewable and waste-to-energy clients develop cost-effective strategies for initial permitting and long-term regulatory compliance. Spirit Environmental’s specific services include:
- Stakeholder relations and advocacy for renewable and waste-to-energy facility planning, permitting, and construction
- Permitting to satisfy environmental (air, solid waste) and local (construction, zoning, land use) compliance requirements
- Negotiation of power purchase agreements and landfill gas (or other waste stream) sales agreements
- Air emissions inventory, measurement, and reporting (including cap and trade program requirements)
- Management of green energy fringe benefits (including renewable energy credits, tax credits, and greenhouse gas credits)
GREENHOUSE GAS MANAGEMENT
Spirit Environmental offers greenhouse gas management services. Spirit staff has prepared and offered third party review of greenhouse gas emissions inventories and reports for large and small utility companies, utilizing several accepted inventory and calculation formats as recognized by the U.S. government and the European Union.
Spirit keeps our clients abreast of the rapidly evolving greenhouse gas regulatory arena including recent legislative initiatives such as the 2008 Consolidated Appropriations Act requiring EPZ to develop a mandatory, nationwide, greenhouse gas reporting rule and the American Clean Energy and Security Act (ACES) of 2009.