Most statutory plans and significant developments now require Environmental Assessment under the European Communities (Environmental Impact Assessment) Regulations 1989 (S.I. No. 349 of 1989) and subsequent amendments in 1994, 1998, 1999 and 2006. The objective of Environmental Assessment is to identify and minimise potential adverse environmental impacts from plans and projects during the planning process. Our team of experienced and professional hydrogeologists, environmental geologists and environmental scientists offer consultancy services in the consideration & identification of potential geological, geotechnical, hydrological and hydrogeological impacts of proposed developments for the purpose of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA).
We have extensive experience in the investigation & reporting for GEOLOGY & WATER chapters of Environmental Impact Statements (EIS) for planning consultants and commercial clients including wind farm developments, gas pipelines, quarry & mine developments and road developments.
Our range of services include:
- Pre-EIS screening & scoping studies
- Environmental baseline condition assessment
- Environmental investigation & monitoring
- Impact identification & assessment
- Mitigation measure identification & assessment
- Preparation of GEOLOGY & WATER chapters
- Response to Requests for Further Information or Additional Clarification
- Provision of expert witness for An Bord Pleanala oral hearings or court cases